PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Coffee

Quirky World of Q
May 28th, 2014, 10:11 PM
So what's the deal with C&C - dud they bring it back or us it still dead? If not Charlotte us there an option in a nearby town?

MiniMidence
May 28th, 2014, 10:56 PM
The one that closed was the one in Raleigh (Cary). Charlotte still open???

Wilmington is another one I've gone, pretty nice.

jcauseyfd
May 29th, 2014, 09:27 AM
The information I've seen was that the Charlotte Cars and Coffee is still active despite the incident back in March. I know they held one on May 3rd. However, I have not seen anything posted yet about the June event.

Over on Facebook, it appears the Cary C&C at Waverly Place may be converting to a paid event. Kind of hard to tell as I'm not sure whether I'm on the hacked FB page or not (I don't think so). In any case, the FB page I'm looking at indicates they are shutting down the page apparently because they do not believe it should be a paid event. It appears you have to buy your ticket online and they will not accept cash at the door. Personally, I'd be as likely to "buy" a ticket through the provided link as I would be to send all my bank info to a Nigerian prince's assistant.

I believe there is still one going on at the Raleigh Grande on the third Saturday of each month.

MiniMidence
May 29th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Yes, it's now a paid event, but Cary place said it can't hold it even if it's paid, so it's on stand by. I'll see if the Fayeteville crew wants to go on this next C&C for June.

mabeeb1990
May 29th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I would love to go to Charlotte but its a ways away and i am pre obligated to work the Blues n Brews festival here in Fayetteville so ill have to rain check For June. Maybe i can make the wilmington one...

MiniMidence
May 29th, 2014, 06:36 PM
June to Wilmington C&C???

mabeeb1990
May 29th, 2014, 07:01 PM
June to Wilmington C&C???
No Imcant make the June one, because its on the 7th too. Prob July... ?

Quirky World of Q
May 29th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Wilmington seems a bit far for Charlotte Area folks. If it's near you, you may want to check out the coastal forum (http://www.tarheelminis.org/forumdisplay.php?56-Coastal-Area-Events), they have a running thread for C&C there

Quirky World of Q
June 4th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Alrighty, I see C&C charlotte does have the June date up, Saturday June 7. 7:30-11:30 am. If anyone wants to try to coordinate a group, please do so. I'm unable to make this one.

could maybe combine it with a drive up to Flow Winston Salem for the Milkshake Run.