PDA

View Full Version : MINIs @ Myrtle Beach - September 19-21, 2008

S@ndman
May 26th, 2008, 11:42 AM
All,

I am pleased to announce that the contract has been signed with the Breakers and they are now ready to accept your reservations.

www.breakers.com (http://www.breakers.com/)

You may begin booking your reservations by calling the reservations office at 800 390 4433. The group block number is 417936. We initially have 25 rooms reserved at the the below rates:

Seaside Tower
SSOF--$69.00 per night
SSRV--$65.00 per night

Palms Tower
O-Oceanfront suite--$85.00 per night
P-Ocean view suite--$75.00 per night

Reservation Booking Policy:

It is the Hotel’s understanding that all reservations will be made individual call in. With this in mind, all reservation requests must be made on or before August 19, 2008 After that date, any remaining rooms in the block will be returned to the hotel inventory and further reservations will be accepted on a rate and space available basis only.

The planning committee will be getting together this Thursday during the Tranquil Thursday to chose menus and start the event planning. Anyone that cannot make it but want your ideas heard please respond by IM to me, minibarb or goheelsmini.
Also let us know when you have booked so we can add you to " The Cool Kids List" :-)

Mini owners start your engines !

So, let's get the tentative list started.
Tentative List: (Confirmed in BOLD)
S@ndman+2
TWISTER +3
mjones4404 + 1
Goheelsmini +1
Sgt Pepper +1
1QukMINI +1
Mini Barb +1
WiniCooper +1
Salemgym
Paleo +2
localdrummerweb +1
Minified +3
JoeR +3
AngelaSayno +2
Roknmini +3
Fragfratz +1
Yaemsiri+1

GOHEELSMINI
May 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Goheelsmini +1
Oceanfront sounds good to me....let me know if the Breakers is our for sure place & I will make resverations.

mjones4404
May 26th, 2008, 07:46 PM
mjones4404 + 1

mjones4404
May 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
i'll meet ya there in mb

Mini Barb
May 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Michael,

Could you please let me know if you are taking care of the hotel arrangements since you started this thread? Thanks.

Barbara

mjones4404
May 26th, 2008, 09:42 PM
hey might have some w/me dont know yet

1QukMINI
May 28th, 2008, 10:36 PM
We're game, I believe. The in-laws live there, so lodging is covered for us....

S@ndman
June 9th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Reservation information has been updated..

Michael

Mini Barb
June 9th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Just made our reservations. Please add Mini Barb +1 to the list!! Thanks.

mjones4404
June 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
hey im gonna make it put me down

GOHEELSMINI
June 9th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hey Sandman & Mini Barb...which Tower did you book reservations at, I need to know which Tower the party will be at...lol. I guess I need to make sure to bring lots more of the bar down with me since it went too fast the last trip...haha. :eek:

S@ndman
June 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I suggest a bonfire on the beach. That way maybe Blimey can get a good night sleep . ;-)

Mini Barb
June 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I booked at Palms Tower. I don't get to MB very often so I wanted an oceanfront!! Let me know what you need on the bar and I will gladly contribute. I'm excited and can't wait to go. I'll see all of you on Thursday night.

WINICooper
June 9th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Wini +1

GOHEELSMINI
June 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Okay...add me to the Cool Kids...just made reservations at the Palms Tower!!

Erin

Sgt Pepper
June 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Just got off the phone, my reservation at the Palms Tower is confirmed!! Does this mean I'm a cool kid now?? :cool::D

Also, I'll be flying solo on this trip, so no +1.

GOHEELSMINI
June 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Just got off the phone, my reservation at the Palms Tower is confirmed!! Does this mean I'm a cool kid now?? :cool::D

Also, I'll be flying solo on this trip, so no +1.
YEA...welcome to the Cool Kids club...haha

BTBYAGRL
June 18th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I am cool kid now! :D Brice and I are leaving around noon on the 19th and have a room for Friday and Saturday nights in Palms. Can't wait!

GOHEELSMINI
June 18th, 2008, 09:18 AM
AWESOME!! WHOOO OHH!! Looking forward to the fun! :D

GOHEELSMINI
June 18th, 2008, 03:36 PM
So Mini Barb...I know we were talking about doing two caravans down on Friday. One in the am like 9-10ish meeting somewhere off I-40 and then doing another in afternoon for the people who cannot take off for the day. Where would be a good place to meet off I-40?? Any suggestions? Brier Creek, White Oak....??

Mini Barb
June 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Brier Creek is fine with me. Maybe we can start the caravan there and then have meet up places along the way for others to join in. By the way, did I ever tell you that I'm not a leader I'm a follower!! So hopefully someone will volunteer for that. I don't know how I got to be the leader to Manchester's last week!!

GOHEELSMINI
June 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Haha, I am sure Sandman would love to lead...just keep him off sand this time...lol;)

Then the am caravan will meet at Brier Creek and anyone can follow on the way down. I will bring my walkie so we can make sure everyone knows how far we are out...(did you hear that Robert Moore...lol)

~Erin

BTBYAGRL
June 19th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I have to cancel my reservations. :( That is the weekend of Duke graduate student campout for basketball tickets. I love you guys but there is no way I am missing an entire Duke basketball season for a trip to Myrtle. Maybe next time!

SALEMGYM
June 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I have just made my hotel resv. - Put me down for this trip.
Frank

<3MyMINI
June 30th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'm new to this club and was wondering if anyone's welcome to come along? My husband and I would be thrilled to meet people who love their Minis as much as we do. This would be our very first Mini event and we would be driving in from Jacksonville. Also, are kids invited? We have a 10 year old son that may or may not be going. Thanks. :)

Mini Barb
June 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
3MyMINI,

Yes, we would be thrilled to have you join us!! Kids are always welcome -- there will probably be others with our group. It's a family event. We will have more details closer to the date, but please make your reservations. Looking forward to meeting you -- there are many events going on over the summer so feel free to join in!

Mini Barb

Paleo
July 2nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
My wife just confirmed that she can take off the 18th and 19th, so we will be down there Thursday evening. Anyone else going early that wants to meet up along the way let us know. Will probably leave home around 3-4 am so Mandy can sleep though the first half of the drive. Becky will too for that matter! I might need someone to talk to to keep me awake... oh, I've got Mark's cell phone number, he will be so excited I'm sure he will be up and waxing Twister one last time by then!

So count us in, Paleo +2. Maybe we will bring some fossils for show and tell. Prehistoric sharks teeth work well with the beach theme. Will call for reservations tonight.

GOHEELSMINI
July 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Awesome...looks like we are going to have a big turn out...can't wait!

~Erin

Shag On
July 2nd, 2008, 05:46 PM
... I am in for one... as for now anyways!!!:)!!! Never been there...so It will be great to get my Mini to the ATL coast...it will have been all across the contry then!!!! Pacific to the Atlantic!!! Yehaw!! Can I bring my long board!!!
Sag On
Erin B

TWISTER
July 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Confirmed Fri-Sun

wildcrazy442000
July 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
... I am in for one... as for now anyways!!!:)!!! Never been there...so It will be great to get my Mini to the ATL coast...it will have been all across the contry then!!!! Pacific to the Atlantic!!! Yehaw!! Can I bring my long board!!!
Sag On
Erin B

You might be disappointed with the surf. Wait until we have a hurricane:)

localdrummerweb
July 4th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Me and the Wife will be down as well..just staying in our condo since its free...cant beat free!

JoeR
July 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Heard Erin is bring a larger bar this time..lol....so Lisi and I are coming with our girls. Already booked at the Palms( hope to see Paris and Lindsay Lohan there!)

GOHEELSMINI
July 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Haha, had a blast with you guys last time Joe...glad you're coming. You know we all will have fun again...tell Lisi I will bring more wine & tinis this time.

~Erin

angelasayno25
July 26th, 2008, 10:43 PM
me plus 1 should be going, need to confirm with hotel though.

Is anyone leaving around 1/2 ish on Friday from Cary/Raleigh area? Or is there somewhere to meet up with all ya'll guys?

Mini Barb
July 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I think some of us are going to drive down in the morning and some later in the day. Keep watching here and we will get it figured out closer to the date. Glad you are going to join us!!

GOHEELSMINI
July 28th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Barb,

I will caravan with you Friday am...

Sgt Pepper
July 28th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Put me down for the morning caravan too! Is the planned route going to take Hwy 220 south? If so I could meet you in the Seagrove area and join you all then.

JoeR
July 29th, 2008, 10:54 AM
We will probably be make the A.M. run...not sure as yet since the kids do have classes that day....I sure they don't mind missing a day of school though. We can meet along the I-40 from the Cary area or further down if we decide to take the scenic route down south on 55.
Joe

angelasayno25
August 2nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
alrighty, update for me. its me + 2
and I've already confirmed with the hotel.

ROKNMINI
August 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Add ROKNMINI +3 to the confirmed list; my wife called and made our reservations today.

fragfratz
August 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Willing to meet up with you guys on Saturday...off 95 since I'm down here in Fayetteville. Just let me know when & where :dance3:

TIA
Fragfratz

fragfratz
August 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Double checked with DH & we are in....{{doing the happy dance:dance3:}} so put us down for the weekend!
Fragfratz+1

I can't wait to meet everyone....woohoo!

MINIFIED
August 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Add MINIFIED +1, or +2, or +3 .. oh these blasted non-committal type people! (still working on schedules, actually) .. won't be leaving RDU area til 3-4pm on Friday if there's anyone planning to caravan down that late on Friday ..

-susan
MINIFIED

S@ndman
August 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Woo Hoo 41+ People so far. Sorry I have been absent.

Need some great ideas for events... any thoughts....?

Hard Rock Park?

TWISTER
August 17th, 2008, 10:16 PM
We just need those shirt orders by this coming Saturday!

yaemsiri
August 22nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Add Yaemsiri + 1, for Dusdee and Jak. However, we will be going down on Thursday evening. Mark or Susan, could you please call my cell phone when you guys get to Myrtle Beach so we can hook up with you on Friday afternoon.

Thanks....

TWISTER
August 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I need orders for 6 more shirts to make a valid order. Does anyone need shirts? I need to know tonight. Payment can be made at the hotel.

GOHEELSMINI
August 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone we have a 1st draft itenarary for the MB trip on the Friday/Saturday MAMB Thread. ..check it out! More updates to come....only a few more weeks! YEA!

GOHEELSMINI
September 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
One more week...everyone ready!! YEA!! Hey JOE-LISI, I am starting to get the bar stock for next weekend...haha.

Mini Barb
September 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I'm ready -- so glad the hurricanes blew through and just checked accuweather.com and it looks great for next weekend. I've heard so much about the bar that I can't wait to see it!! I'll meet you at 9:00 a.m. at Brier Creek on Friday morning. We should plan our route down! Don't forget your two-way radio.

GOHEELSMINI
September 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Got my two way charging as we speak, haha...

S@ndman
September 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
What else do you need to round out the bar? I do not want to be caught short like on the outer banks :-)

Sgt Pepper
September 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM
What else do you need to round out the bar? I do not want to be caught short like on the outer banks :-)

I second that! What can we do to assist? :yes4:

GOHEELSMINI
September 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Haha, well the Outer Banks trip, I only brought enough for my friend & I for one night...wasn't expecting 13 people to show up at my door..hehe. This time...I WILL BE PREPARED!! :girl_wacko: Whatever you guys want to bring...of course, if you drink beer...you will need to your own as I don't drink that stuff...haha. Can't WAIT to see everyone!

Mini Barb
September 8th, 2008, 07:22 PM
On the way home I bought a bottle of Maker's Mark for the bar -- that's my contribution!

GOHEELSMINI
September 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
haha, sounds good...I already have 1/2 gallon vodka, fifth Captain Morgan, fifth Crown Royal, Pint Apple Vodka, Tequila, Ingredients to make Margaritas, Cranberry Juice, Sour Mix, Triple Sec, mini bottle of Jager and apple schnapps....and add the Makers Mark and we have one heck of a party...:laugh:

Sgt Pepper
September 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM
haha, sounds good...I already have 1/2 gallon vodka, fifth Captain Morgan, fifth Crown Royal, Pint Apple Vodka, Tequila, Ingredients to make Margaritas, Cranberry Juice, Sour Mix, Triple Sec, mini bottle of Jager and apple schnapps....and add the Makers Mark and we have one heck of a party...:laugh:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Paleo
September 9th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Looks like we are going to have to cancel this trip. Please remove Paleo from the roster. I'm going to try to make it to the Dragon next month though...

TWISTER
September 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Sorry you won't be there, we'll miss all of you.

GOHEELSMINI
September 9th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Looks like we are going to have to cancel this trip. Please remove Paleo from the roster. I'm going to try to make it to the Dragon next month though...

Sorry to hear you can't make it.

ROKNMINI
September 19th, 2008, 02:48 AM
ROKNMINI and The Kieffer Family have arrived. The wife and kids have gone (back) to sleep. My 2 year old was a little concerned when we left at 9PM since it was dark and there were "no beds in the MINI Cooper". Both the kids were asleep within 15 miles and the wife dozed of shortly there after.

I of course am wide awake after the drive! The swimming pools don't open until 9am, but the restaurant opens at 6am.

We are in room 946 of the Palms Tower for the time being. We'll be moving to the 12th floor tomorrow once the non-smoking room we requested is available. (We were not scheduled to check in until Friday evening...) Chances are we will be at one of the pools when you all arrive. I'll give Twister a call around lunch and check ETA.

I parked in the second (smaller) parking garage on the top level; there were plenty of open spaces there. . .

See you all soon.

GOHEELSMINI
September 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
ROKNMINI and The Kieffer Family have arrived. The wife and kids have gone (back) to sleep. My 2 year old was a little concerned when we left at 9PM since it was dark and there were "no beds in the MINI Cooper". Both the kids were asleep within 15 miles and the wife dozed of shortly there after.

I of course am wide awake after the drive! The swimming pools don't open until 9am, but the restaurant opens at 6am.

We are in room 946 of the Palms Tower for the time being. We'll be moving to the 12th floor tomorrow once the non-smoking room we requested is available. (We were not scheduled to check in until Friday evening...) Chances are we will be at one of the pools when you all arrive. I'll give Twister a call around lunch and check ETA.

I parked in the second (smaller) parking garage on the top level; there were plenty of open spaces there. . .

See you all soon.

It was good meeting you guys and thanks for coming over Friday & Sat night.

Erin

ROKNMINI
September 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
We had really good time!

My older son William said his favorite thing was the Mini-Golf. Even though we didn't really keep score, he was declared the winner because he managed two hole-in-one shots. It was his first time playing, but I think it will not be his last; he's got it all figured out how we can use drink holders buried in the back yard to build our own course.

My younger son Benjamin said his favorite was "Allllll the hot tubs". The Breakers resort had so many different pools and hot-tubs to goto, I think he tried them all! He really did not want to leave this morning!

We also had a great time at the Ripley's Aquarium. I think it would have been disappointing if we had paid their asking price to get in, but the boys were all fascinated by it. (Myself included!) The "Ray Bay" with all the various sting rays was pretty neat; especially the "friendship flats" shallow area where you could reach in and touch them. They had a few shows where divers came out and fed the fish. It was really neat when they fed the rays and lured them into the shallows so you could pet them. A little slimy, but pretty neat. I think this was the best part for my wife; she really got a kick out of seeing the kids have so much fun. She commented several times how she never got to do things like that when she was a kid and how happy she was that the boys could have the experience.

We went Sunday morning ad sat thru a sales pitch for a time-share. That is how we got "free" tickets for the aquarium. It was an interesting time-share scheme; with points that could be used at a whole slew of different resorts (Fontana Lodge was on the list...); but in the end quite a bit more money than we were prepared to spend.

I really enjoyed the time away from work and hanging out with family and friends. It was great to meet you all and we hope to do it again soon!

fragfratz
September 22nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Next time you want to take the family to Ripleys let me know...we can get a great deal for all 5 attractions through Ripleys.
It was fun hangin' with you & William in the last couple of holes in golf, he's a fun kid =)

fragfratz
September 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
This was my 1st event & I had a great time!! The Nascar was a blast & Mark...next year...:yes4: LOL!!! Susan & Drew...had fun hangin' with you at the Dragon's Lair! I see I will have to work on my game a bit to keep up with your Hole in 1's LOL
Not sure which event we will be able to get to next as my schooling/homework & Tim's homework tends to keep us busy on the weekends & when we aren't doing that we are getting caught up on all the stuff that needs to get done around here. Tim is talking about the Dragon & BRP next year so we will see...:unsure:
Again, thanks guys & I look forward to talking to all of you soon & those of you that I didn't get to meet I hope to meet you soon! :smile:

Chelle
p.s I posted some of the pics in an album....

TWISTER
September 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'm ready for the challenge! But I think you need some more time behind the wheel of that lil go-kart

minibugs
October 9th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hate that we miss y'all :sad:............and away we GO :dance: