PDA

View Full Version : BMW/MINI iphone adapter?

Monkeyman89
August 16th, 2016, 05:49 PM
I have a 2013 Mini Cooper s. It does not have the Mini Connect or the fancy screen..

I have searched and searched, and I did not know that bluetooth doesn't allow music streaming, just phone calls.

I want to be able to skip tracks with my steering wheel buttons but they do not work unless I plug up my phone with the BMW/MINI ipod adapter that is $100.. I get a message saying please use approved adapter from Mini for it to work.

I bought a generic one off amazon that some say works great and others say it doe not. Mine does not let me use the wheel controls, just play music and charge.

Anyone have one for sale for less than dealer price or know where to get one cheaper?

thanks

BKBeard
August 24th, 2016, 08:14 PM
I also have a 2013 model and had the same issue. I bought two cheap-o ones from ebay and even though the description said it was compatible, sadly they were not. I finally broke down and bought one from the mini dealer. Maybe you'll have better luck than i.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkeyman89
August 24th, 2016, 09:38 PM
I know! I just had my car software updated and was hoping the normal cable would work, but they told me it's impossible without the adapter.

Weirdly in the new loaner I drove I connected with Bluetooth and the skip track buttons stil didn't work. Says not supported. Might be a streaming music thing since its not hardcore do thru a cable

G3AUTO
August 24th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Derek,

I have a few at the shop that you are more than welcome to try to make sure they work. If you're up in Raleigh, give me a shout and if it works, its yours :)

-Chris @ G3