PDA

View Full Version : Fall Alpaca Run to Asheboro?

MidnightDave
June 26th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Any interest in a run over to the Alpaca farm to pet the furry guys and buy some warm socks before winter?

Nikki will probably want yarn sooner, so she and Mark can give their review. I found the people very friendly and the alpacas really cute, but I'm like that--a sucker for big, brown eyes and a furry nose.

http://www.carawayalpaca.com/contact.html

jdavidson
June 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM
We'll go!

MINIFIED
June 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I KNEW Jason and Courtney would sign up -- I have to say I LOVE their enthusiasm -- they are just so sweet!-- I wish all kids (you know what I mean!) would get so excited about MINI adventures ...

So quick question .. thinking one of these days I need to find an age-appropriate MINI adventure for my 8 year old nephew -- would this qualify? (That means on one hand I think furry animals = yes, but on the flip side, RB Dave as the run leader? might be one of the "challenging" rated drives and that wouldn't fly by nephew's mama ... )

Let me know and depending on dates it might work!

-susan
MINIFIED

wildcrazy442000
June 26th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I'm in, let me know when.

N2MINI
June 27th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Sounds like fun. Count us in..

NC_Mini
June 27th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Fall is busy, but if the weekend works for us we will make it. Also, as MINIFIED said, childrens might make the run. Be curious to see the route when established.

Mini Barb
June 27th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Knitting and MINIs -- it doesn't get any better than that for me! We are committed to Myrtle Beach in September but should be able to go after that. Sounds great.

TWISTER
June 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Niki and I will be there and at the beach

MINI Rog
June 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
We would like to try and make this one.

MidnightDave
June 28th, 2008, 07:57 AM
It will be a reasonably paced drive! There's a time and place for everything. If it's titled Tour of Terror you know what to expect, right? So let's name this "Alpaca Picnic Parade".

I'll put an official post in the event thread once I have all this worked out, and include the responders on the participant list on the first page.

It'll definitely be family friendly. Mike and Teresa the proprietors were very nice. Now that there's interest, I'll contact them, and see if we can find a park nearby for the picnic. Since this isn't a scheduled event, I'm figuring we can slot it in on some weekend that's not taken for some other event. We'll wait and book this a couple weeks prior.

The route will be determined once we have picnic destination. Their ranch is just off 64 just west of Asheboro. Just b/c it's leisurely doesn't mean it can't be scenic. Here's what I'm thinking first cut. We have people from W/S, Raleigh and I'll post on NAM, too, so we may have more folks from Charlotte, so I'm thinking an I-85 starting point will work for all.

<Mark or somebody, pls send me a link to a map maker and tips if it's difficult, ;-0 so I can draw this?>

Meet at I-85 exit 106 or nearby, will find a truck stop or something
Left NC 1547 Finch Farm Rd
Left NC 3106 Kennedy Rd
Right NC 1408 Hoover Hill Rd
Left Jordan Valley Rd
Left NC 1539 Earnhardt Rd
Right NC 1412 Jerico Rd
Right Jarvis Miller Rd

I'm thinking a mid-day deal, maybe meet at 10am, go to the Alpaca Ranch, then picnic for those who want, and disburse from there. People can take 64 either direction for a quicker getaway, or retrace the route in...I'll add the picnic directions/map to the "real" post once I have the place and route.

Teresa
June 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Hi all!
I've been a member for about four weeks and am enjoying all of your posts. I would definitely be interested in the Alpaca run . I want to eventually participate in one of the weekend events as well. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

MidnightDave
June 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Fantastic! Looking forward to meeting you and your MINI soon. Post a pic or two in the newbie forum when you get a chance! Of car, of course! ;-)

Sgt Pepper
June 29th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Meet at I-85 exit 106 or nearby, will find a truck stop or something
Left NC 1547 Finch Farm Rd
Left NC 3106 Kennedy Rd
Right NC 1408 Hoover Hill Rd
Left Jordan Valley Rd
Left NC 1539 Earnhardt Rd
Right NC 1412 Jerico Rd
Right Jarvis Miller Rd

This is getting down towards my "neck of the woods", my office is in Asheboro, and we have several schools in the Archdale/Trinity area, so I drive the US-64/Hoover Hill/Kennedy/Finch Farm corridor at least once a week (most of the time in a county car, unfortunately, but they're still fun roads to drive).

Count me in! :D

Sgt Pepper
June 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Just had a thought, we have an elementary school (Hopewell Elementary) just off exit 108, on Welborn Rd (which runs into Finch Farm rd), we could meet there and use that as a starting point if that works for everyone.

MidnightDave
June 29th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Perfect!

TTurner
July 1st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Sounds like fun and my Son would love that. When are we going?

MidnightDave
July 1st, 2008, 10:28 PM
Will set the date when we have our "main events" lined up for fall, and I'll pick some other weekend. This is the type of thing we can do any weekend...glad to see all the interest!