PDA

View Full Version : Mini Drive-In Movie

DADSMINI
August 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I would like to see if anyone would be interested in putting together a Drive-In Movie at a local triad park either this fall or spring of 09'. I have the large inflatable 14' x 25' screen and sound for those who want ot sit outside and I can pump the sound into all the car radios. I think this would be a great time for members to get together for a evening cook out and a movie afterward.
Just and idea.

Thanks,
dadsmini

TWISTER
August 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I was talking to a couple members this past Monday about doing this but with a little spin on it. We had the idea of putting on a movie for the kids at Camp Carefree just north of Greensboro. We have adopted the Camp as one of our charities.

I just need to think how we can raise money to make a donation also.

I know the kids would have a blast

minimark
August 6th, 2008, 07:57 PM
To start each car could make a small donation....

Minitopia
August 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Can we watch a double feature? I have the DVD's of The Italian Job original and the remake.

kagpro
August 10th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Im in,I think that would be fun,especially a Double feature with the Italian Job,let me know If I can Help
Keith

Chachamaru
August 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'm in! I saw the remake of the Italian Job 3 times in the theatres.

YOU'LL NEVER SHUT DOWN THE REAL NAPSTER!

N2MINI
August 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I'm all for it for us and Camp Carefree. If we were to do one for Camp Carefree even without a donation, I think they would love to have us there just for them to kinda take a night off and watch a movie with us all..

Minitopia
August 10th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Lets do it! How fun!

Super Cooper
August 10th, 2008, 08:37 PM
That sounds great. Count us in...and this time we can bring the little Mini, instead of Mom's big Mini.

Minitopia
August 10th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Big Mini<< Oxymoron, that's like a Giant Shrimp:) I will bring my Mini-ature Mini:) I am assuming the blow up screen and projector will take DVDs. I would be happy to lend my copies of the classic and new versions of The Italian Job. I live very close to Camp Carefree so if there is any help needed setting up or helping, I am there!

Super Cooper
August 11th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Actually, I do have a Mini-ature Mini (from Ridemakerz), and a very tiny Mini (matchbox size), and what the Mini ads call the "Jumbo Shrimp" (clubman). The big Mini I referred to is Mom's minivan we took to the last drive-in adventure in Mt. Airy before my Clubman arrived. :)

Minitopia
August 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM
:) How funny that MINI calls the Clubman a Jumbo Shrimp.

Minitopia
August 21st, 2008, 05:31 PM
Has anyone considered doing the campfree Mini Drive-in anymore?

Teresa
August 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
I hope it 's still in the works. I sure would be interested in attending. Sounds like fun.

Ummm I'm embarrassed to admit this but....... I have never seen the Italian Job. YIKES!! Somebody make this happen. I've been deprived!

Minitopia
August 21st, 2008, 10:40 PM
And there are two:) I have seen both many times but never in a Mini:)

ohbuga
August 21st, 2008, 10:47 PM
The original Italian Job is the best, with Micheal "Bloody" Cain!
"I told you to only blow the bloody doors off!" - got to be my fav line in the movie

Minitopia
August 21st, 2008, 11:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8g_GeQR8fJo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8g_GeQR8fJo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You were only suppose to blow the bloody doors off!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j0nXDOr1r6A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j0nXDOr1r6A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A preview maybe we can get more interest!

ohbuga
August 21st, 2008, 11:21 PM
Wonderful! If no one else is interested I'll watch the film with!

Minitopia
August 22nd, 2008, 12:14 AM
It dont have to be the Italian Job we see but does sound like fun and I will watch either or both!