PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Drive-in Movies and Mt. Airy

nandassi
August 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Is there any interest in having a "Mini Night at the Bright Leaf" in Mt. Airy on a Friday or Saturday night? The Bright Leaf Drive-In Theater is one of 4 remaining drive-in theaters in NC and is a great place for families with children. They show PG or PG-13 current run movies (right now they are showing "The Dark Knight" and "Hancock")...always a double feature...Tuesdays through Sundays during the summer and Thursdays through Sundays during the fall. I saw Disney's "Cars" there several years ago and it was a blast!! You can check out their website at www.brightleafdrivein.biz (http://www.brightleafdrivein.biz) and see what you think.

Please reply to this post if you would be interested in attending and include which night (Friday or Saturday) would work best for you.

Thanks,
Nan and Sam

Teresa
August 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Great idea! Sounds like fun. Either evening works for me.

Super Cooper
August 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM
We would love to go up there again. Saturday works better for us.

nandassi
August 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Anyone else out there interested in the "Mini Night at the Bright Leaf" in Mt. Airy? The more, the merrier....

Please reply to this post if you would be interested in attending and include which night (Friday or Saturday) would work best for you.

TWISTER
August 13th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Either but depends on the movie showing

ROKNMINI
August 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I'd be interested; the wife and kids had a blast the last time we did this!

minibugs
August 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
us too.......

Sgt Pepper
August 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I'm interested!

jdavidson
August 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Count us in, not too picky as far as the movie goes either...as long as it's not Beverly Hills Chihuahua :P

Sgt Pepper
August 22nd, 2008, 07:05 AM
...as long as it's not Beverly Hills Chihuahua :P

+1 :D

superlowe206
September 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Sounds good, either night for me

jdavidson
September 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Any ideas on a date for this? If we want to go this year we're gonna have to find a place to squeeze it in.

nandassi
September 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hello all,

Saturday 10/11/2008 has been set as the date for the "MINI Night at the Bright Leaf" Drive-in in Mt. Airy. I am in the process of finding out what double feature will be playing that night. As soon as I get more details, I will post them. I hope alot of MINI folks will be able to come out for a fun family experience.

Thanks,
Nan

TWISTER
September 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Nan,
Thanks for making this a event you would like to handle. It is very much appreciated!

jdavidson
September 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM
That's the same date as the alpaca run I believe, wasn't sure if you knew. I'm crazy enough to do both though.

nandassi
September 20th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Actually I didn't realize that the Alpaca Run was already scheduled for 10/11 when I chose that date. Let me recheck the calendar and see if any Saturday in October is open (i.e. has no previously scheduled MINI event). Stay tuned........

nandassi
September 20th, 2008, 11:47 AM
OK...I checked the other weekends in October and there are MINI events scheduled for each ot them. So let's keep "MINI Night at the Bright Leaf" in Mt. Airy on October 11th. If you can come, please do. If you can't, we'll plan to do another "MINI Night at the Bright Leaf" when the drive-in reopens in Spring 2009.

For directions and other info, please check the Bright Leaf website at www.brightleafdrivein.biz (http://www.brightleafdrivein.biz/). I will post additional details as October 11th draws near.

Thanks!!

nandassi
October 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hello all,

The "MINI Night at the Bright Leaf" Drive-in is still on for Saturday night (10/11) in lovely Mt. Airy, NC.
However, as of 11:45 Thursday morning, the Bright Leaf has not updated their website indicating
the movies that will be playing this weekend. I have emailed and called the owner numerous times
to find out the upcoming movie selections, but I haven't gotten any response.

This being said, I will continue to check the website www.brightleafdrivein.biz (http://www.brightleafdrivein.biz) and call the movie line at (336) 786-5494 for updates; I will post them as soon as possible. I know that Sam (11 years old) and I will be there unless they are showing an R-rated movie.

I also wanted to mention that Mt. Airy is having their 42nd Annual Autumn Leaves Festival downtown this
weekend. Friday and Saturday hours are 9 to 9 and Sunday's hours are 12 noon to 6. You can check out
the festival website at http://www.visitmayberry.com/autumnleavesfestival.aspx for more information. It looks like fun.

Thanks,
Nan

TWISTER
October 9th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks Nan for setting this up.
I'm not sure I'll make it but I hope to.

If you call them after 6 they will answer

jdavidson
October 9th, 2008, 07:25 PM
They're showing Lakeview Terrace and Eagle Eye. We're going to try and make it.

nandassi
October 9th, 2008, 10:25 PM
As mentioned above, the movies for this weekend are Lakeview Terrace (PG-13) and Eagle Eye (PG-13). The first movie starts at 8:20 with the second one starting at approximately 10:30. Admission prices are as follows: 11 yrs and up - $6 each, ages 4 through 10 - $3 each; age 3 and under - FREE.

If you need more details, check the Bright Leaf website at www.brightleafdrivein.biz (http://www.brightleafdrivein.biz).

Hope to see alot of MINIs there!!

maacodale
October 9th, 2008, 10:55 PM
That sounds like a ton of fun! Hope y'all have a great time. We'll try to tag along next time y'all go. It's a bit of a haul for us from Hampton Roads, but with the kid in college in Charlotte, it would be neat to meet him up there. He's got his MCS down there and our Clubman S should be in sometime in Nov.

jdavidson
October 11th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Courtney and I aren't going to be able to make it to this tonight, sorry, have fun!