PDA

View Full Version : September Meet: Eastern NC

tjwoodson1
September 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM
The Eastern Carolina Chapter of the Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club will be meeting in New Bern on September 27 at Captain Ratty's for a dinner a 6ish.

For those leaving from the Greenville area, we will meet at the old movie theater on Firetower at 5 p.m.

Kelly will lead us to New Bern, and a twisties route will be planned by her.

We should be back in Greenville at around 9.

Confirmed:
tjwoodson1
kawoodson
popsmini
kelyparker
minifan09
GIR
MYTMINI
Debo

On the Fence:

popsmini
September 6th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Patty and I will meet you guys in Greenville for the ride over.

Scott111184
September 6th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Another one I'm gonna miss. :(

Jessica will be in W-S for the MiniPalooza.

kelyparker
September 7th, 2009, 08:39 AM
looking forward to it!

minifan09
September 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Are we going to the Chelsea? or Captain Ratty's :)

popsmini
September 7th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Chelsea out of my price range!

kelyparker
September 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
yeah, we pulled up the menu for the chelsea, and thought it was a bit too expensive.

here's a link for Capt. Ratty's:
http://www.captainrattys.com/
it's a fun place to eat! they have a rooftop bar that i'm going to see if we can reserve.

minifan09
September 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Cool, looks good count us in - no weddings that weekend yipppppeee :)

GokartPilot
September 8th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Count us in. We will most likely meet you guys at Captain Ratty?s. If there is anyone from the Jacksonville area interested in meeting and convoying up to New Bern let me know. Not too many twisties but we might be able to work something in that is a little scenic.

pbraun
September 8th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Sorry I'm not down there yet - doing a MINI Scavenger Hunt in the Hamptons of Long Island that weekend!

Have fun!

kelyparker
September 8th, 2009, 05:38 PM
MINI Scavenger Hunt in the Hamptons

wow! ...how can we get in on that? ;)

pbraun
September 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
wow! ...how can we get in on that? ;)

Details here: http://www.usminiclub.us/index.php/topic,1025.30.html

but don't expect to find any Rolex watches on the road - I got them all last weekend! lol!

Lewcifer
September 9th, 2009, 11:18 AM
that will be long drive out from W-S after MINIpalooza, so I'm not sure on this one...

kelyparker
September 12th, 2009, 09:13 AM
anyone else?

MYTMINI!
September 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Count us in, MYTMINI! will be there, excellent choice of Capt Ratty's.

kelyparker
September 15th, 2009, 09:12 PM
yay, bob and melody! we'll look forward to seeing you again.

ps - the stripes look great!

MYTMINI!
September 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks, I'm trying to get another co-worker of mine to come with as well, he had two Mini's in his garage.

Debo
September 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Found someone to help cover my call, looks like I'm in on this one... so table for +3

Byron

Pir8 97
September 22nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll check my schedule for the weekend. I really need some g2g time... getting bored with the car and that's not good.

popsmini
September 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Have to go to the beach Sunday morning to visit my dad, will meet you guys in New Burn

kelyparker
September 24th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hi all!
The reservation has been made and we are good to go!

For those of you meeting us in new bern:
Let's park at Union Point Park. There are some nice spots for public parking and it'd be a great place to take some pics. We'll be arriving close to 6:00 or a little after. The address is: 202 Middle St, New Bern, NC.
Also, there is construction that has overtaken Broad Street, so if your GPS has you going that way, you should plan an alternate street to downtown.

http://www.tarheelminis.org/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=2158
For those meeting us in Greenville to drive together:
Be ready to leave from the Carmike on Firetower at 5:00.
The address is: 1685 E Fire Tower Rd, Greenville, NC.

minifan09
September 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
+1 for me

GokartPilot
September 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Have to go to the beach Sunday morning to visit my dad, will meet you guys in New Burn

Which beach? Maybe we can meet up on the way to New Bern.

MYTMINI!
September 27th, 2009, 12:21 PM
We are going to have to cancel, not feeling well. Enjoy the drive and dinner.

Bob & Melody - MYTMINI!

kelyparker
September 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Mini Meet in New Bern today has been CANCELED.:cry:
(sorry, but we were down to four MINIs due to homework/tests, sickness, and rain...)

call if you have questions - 252-626-7083.

we'll reschedule for october, and also try to start a phone tree for better communcation in the future.

minifan09
September 27th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Aww was looking forward to this one, let me know when in Oct as we'll be going back home (England) mid Oct :)

Pir8 97
September 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
That'll teach me to check this site before leaving :) We met up with Byron and his fam at the theater and ended up going to Fudrucker's. Yum.

tjwoodson1
September 27th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry guys!

I took Friday off to check out Wake Forest and then headed to MINIpalooza. Got home to a couple emails from my peers informing me of make up tests, assignments, etc. We will plan for next month?

kelyparker
September 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
ah man! sorry BJ! (and everyone else!)
i was afraid that would happen...
it would have been nice to meet you guys and have a fun drive!

popsmini
September 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Will be at the Dragon 23-25 Oct.
Early Oct would be ok with me.

kelyparker
September 30th, 2009, 09:48 PM
so, for rescheduling -

does a Sunday afternoon work best for everyone?
or how about a Friday after work?
i'm thinking the weekend of Oct. 16/18.

what say ye?

MYTMINI!
October 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Sunday afternoon works for us as long as our football teams are not playing...smile. Fridays would be probably be better, but it will start getting dark earlier, especially after the time change. We'll go with the group, which ever works out for the most participation.

Cheers!

MYTMINI!

popsmini
October 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Sunday afternoon after 5:30 works for me.
Wife has soccer games to manage until 4:30.

GokartPilot
October 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Friday works. Sunday afternoon is ok too if we don?t start too late..

minifan09
October 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Damn will be in England then :(

tjwoodson1
October 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
England? I guess that means that you'll have to bring us all right hand drive MINIs back!

GokartPilot
October 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM
England? I guess that means that you'll have to bring us all right hand drive MINIs back!

Awesome idea! Tony, I don?t need anything as big as a mini but if you can squeeze them in, a set of factory GP Recaro seats would be great!:ms_thumbsup:

minifan09
October 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
lol l can do, let me know your orders good luck on the shipping prices though :)

MINIFIED
October 6th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Ok, you Easterners ... the Triangle chapter is headed to BBQ this Friday night, doesn't appear -- from the lack of posts -- that any of you will be joining us, SOOOO ... I'm proposing we do a "joint" chapter event to Wilson in a few weeks ... we'll have to post a poll or something to determine if we are doing Bills, or Parkers, or perhaps we'll do lunch at one and dinner at the other??

Looking at weekends -- since that's when you usually meet -- a couple of dates to throw out and we'll try and pick the one that works for the most people in both clubs .. what do you say?

Trying to avoid the holidays, but looking at Nov/Dec since there's so much going on in Oct .. Saturdays better? Or Sundays?

Nov 14 / 15?
Nov 21 / 22?
Dec 5 / 6?

What do you think?

popsmini
October 6th, 2009, 08:50 PM
BBQ sounds good to me.
Might be fun to meet some of the other guys/gals

GokartPilot
October 7th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Ok, you Easterners ... the Triangle chapter is headed to BBQ this Friday night, doesn't appear -- from the lack of posts -- that any of you will be joining us, SOOOO ... I'm proposing we do a "joint" chapter event to Wilson in a few weeks ... we'll have to post a poll or something to determine if we are doing Bills, or Parkers, or perhaps we'll do lunch at one and dinner at the other??

Looking at weekends -- since that's when you usually meet -- a couple of dates to throw out and we'll try and pick the one that works for the most people in both clubs .. what do you say?

Trying to avoid the holidays, but looking at Nov/Dec since there's so much going on in Oct .. Saturdays better? Or Sundays?

Nov 14 / 15?
Nov 21 / 22?
Dec 5 / 6?

What do you think?

I love BBQ! If it is going to be an all day event I would like to see it be on a Saturday. Unavailable on the Nov 14-15, but the other dates sound promising.

kelyparker
October 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I second the vote for an all-day Saturday... or a few hours around lunchtime at least.

mini cooper mini
October 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Kelly and the rest of the Easterners,

The Blue Ridge Chapter is having a great Nov 14 eventand you are all welcome to come and join us. I am sure that if some of you want to come up, we can make it worth your while with some twisties and a great evening out. Take a look at our little section, read about it and sign up, we would love to have you.

kelyparker
October 22nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
can you post a link to it? i'm having trouble finding the event.

mini cooper mini
October 22nd, 2009, 10:56 PM
http://www.tarheelminis.org/showthread.php?t=3308

Sure can.

jcauseyfd
October 22nd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Down east folk should take the 13th off, head up to VIR for the holiday laps, then head on up to Blacksburg for the event on the 14th. A long weekend of motoring sweetness!

mini cooper mini
October 22nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
What's the Turkey Trot Rally?

jcauseyfd
October 23rd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Turkey Trot Rally --> http://www.tarheelminis.org/showthread.php?t=3279

mini cooper mini
October 23rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
I am trying to see if i can DRUM up some interest from our group as well. MAYBE, we can meet everyone in Floyd for lunch and then either go with all of you part way home or just go our separate ways? I am up for it. If i end up being the only one, i'll come to Eden and drive up with everyone.

kelyparker
October 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
haha - great pun, noah!!