PDA

View Full Version : Eastern NC MINIs - *Dec. 6*

kelyparker
November 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Hello my Eastern NC MINI friends!
It's been a while since we all got together. Let's have another go at it.

Sunday, December 6 is the happy day! :ms_thumbsup:

3:30 - Meet at the movie theater on Firetower. I've got a fun road with one or two moderately fun twisties. (Don't get your hopes up for anything too fancy, though.)
4:30 - Arrive in New Bern, take pictures on the waterfront at Union Point. (Just in time for a nice sunset!)
5:00 - Dinner at Captain Ratty's (or apps and wine)
6:00 - Head back to Greenville
7:00 - Back in time for an early bedtime (really early!)

http://www.tarheelminis.org/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=2158
Taylor - do your homework on Friday night so you can come hang out on Sunday!

Here is the website if you want to check out the menu ahead of time: http://www.captainrattys.com/

This part is important:
Please reply with your name and phone number if you plan to come. In the past, we've wished we had phone numbers so we could call if plans changed, or if someone doesn't show up we need to know if we should wait or go on. If you prefer not to put your phone number on the forum, you can PM me, or of course just leave it off.... but it would be helpful to have.

Look forward to seeing:
kelyparker (+ bob) 252.626.7083
tjwoodson1 252.412.9734
minifan09 (+ steph) 252.378.0109
GIR (+ lisa) 910.382.7772
popsmini (+ patty) 252.943.4880
scott11184 254.654.1738
alan booth
MINIFIED
Dale Williams and Celeste 919.812.3062

Maybe:
drhearp
Cline Hall

tjwoodson1
November 14th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Will do! See you then. . . 252.412.9734

maacodale
November 15th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Sounds like good time. If it weren't on a Sunday I'd love to make it. I love me some seafood and the New Bern area is pretty neat.

I'll post a note up here at HR MINI and see if anyone else is interested. Ya never know, we might just make it. I'll let ya know if that works out. If not, have fun and catch y'all next time.

minifan09
November 15th, 2009, 09:50 AM
myself and Steph will be there, 252 378 0109

kelyparker
November 15th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Sounds like good time. If it weren't on a Sunday I'd love to make it. I love me some seafood and the New Bern area is pretty neat.

dale, what if you round up some other VA people to come and make a day of it? that way it would be worth the drive. there are lots of fun things to do in NB and some great places to eat. i can make some suggestions for things to do before the rest of us arrive in town for dinner. :)

GokartPilot
November 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Count us in.

GIR (+ Lisa) 910-382-7772

popsmini
November 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Patty and Bill are ready to see our MINI friends again. 252-943-4880

thanks KP:yeah!:

racephan
November 16th, 2009, 10:29 PM
We live in Raleigh but my family is in New Bern and we visit often. Definitely a lovely town to visit for an afternoon and to have a meal. I wish we could join you all for this event in my new MINI but won't be able to make it on a Sunday evening.

I wanted to mention that if you are planning on having daylight at the park for photos, the sun sets around 5 PM that day so you might want to go earlier. I checked the Farmers Almanac (http://www.almanac.com/sun/rise/NC/New%20Bern/2009-12-06) :) Have a great time!

kelyparker
November 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
what do you guys think? want to bump it up so we get to New Bern by 5:00 while it is still daylight? that would put us eating around 5:30. (early bird special!) or should we keep the plan the same?

tjwoodson1
November 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Earlier might work better actually. . .

popsmini
November 19th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I like early.:victory:

minifan09
November 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
sounds good to me

GokartPilot
November 20th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I agree, needs to be a bit earlier. I was kind of paying attention last night and the sun started setting about 5pm, by 530 pm it was dark.

kelyparker
November 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
okay, let's bump it back an hour. we'll meet up at 4:00 to be in NB by 5-ish. first post edited with new times.

Scott111184
November 21st, 2009, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna try my best to get to this one. Hopefully Jess won't mind, if she doesn't I will be there.

kelyparker
November 23rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
any other friends? old or new? far or near?

MINIFIED
November 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
any other friends? old or new? far or near?

I expect to have to be working .. but in Craven County, so as soon as I get my schedule confirmed, I'll be able to know for headcount purposes .. of course I wouldn't be attending in my MINI, but I presume I'd still be welcome .. :girl_wink:

specialk98
November 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Hey there, My name is Kelly Earp, im Male btw...lol, and Im in the Rocky Mount Greenville area. I am a member of the winston/raleigh group, and want to get in on the eastern group but havent had much time to get out and about. So whats up with this Dec 6th thing?

Scott111184
November 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hey there, My name is Kelly Earp, im Male btw...lol, and Im in the Rocky Mount Greenville area. I am a member of the winston/raleigh group, and want to get in on the eastern group but havent had much time to get out and about. So whats up with this Dec 6th thing?

http://www.tarheelminis.org/showpost.php?p=38368&postcount=1

^ When something new gets posted the first post is update. Looking forward to meeting you, if you have any questions just ask.

Kelyparker: I'm in for sure, only me. 254-654-1738

GokartPilot
November 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Scott,

You going to meet in Greenville or New Bern?

Scott111184
November 24th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Scott,

You going to meet in Greenville or New Bern?

If you wanted to make the trip to meet up with everyone else in Greenville we can, than just do the whole run. I think thats what I'm gonna do.

kelyparker
November 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
of course I wouldn't be attending in my MINI, but I presume I'd still be welcome .. :girl_wink:

susan, of course you're always welcome! ..you have enough MINI love in your heart, even if you're not physically driving yours.

Kelly E - we'd love to have you! we'll meet in Greenville, follow each other to New Bern, have dinner, then drive back. hope you can make it! let me know if you need more info.

kelyparker
November 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Before I make the reservation.... anyone else interested in coming?

I drove the route on the way home for Thanksgiving. It is definitely dark by 5:00. We'll need to be leaving Greenville by 4. It'll be a fun time!

Scott111184
November 28th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Looking forward to it! :yeah!:

GIR: I'll give you a call tomorrow and we can figure something out if you wanna meet up.

GokartPilot
November 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Before I make the reservation.... anyone else interested in coming?

I drove the route on the way home for Thanksgiving. It is definitely dark by 5:00. We'll need to be leaving Greenville by 4. It'll be a fun time!

Kelly,

Is that going to give us enough sun light for pictures??

Scott111184
November 29th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Kelly,

Is that going to give us enough sun light for pictures??

We will be cutting it really close. I would recommend bringing a tripod just in case.

MINIFIED
November 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Headcount + 1; I will definitely be there.
My MINI will definitely not :girl_cry:

(if anybody is planning to get to New Bern early and wants to walk around or hang out, especially if it's a nice day like today, give me a call. I'll be there all day .. )

kelyparker
November 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM
okay, right you are - let's bump it back even a little earlier.
can we eat dinner that early? maybe if you guys aren't hungry by then we can do apps and wine instead.

check the first post for updated times.

kelyparker
November 29th, 2009, 11:13 PM
one more thing -

the drawbridge leading into downtown new bern is still closed for rennovations. if anyone is meeting us there, check your directions to see if they have you going that way. if you need help redirecting, just let me know!

tjwoodson1
November 30th, 2009, 12:27 AM
My car should be all fixed by then, woot! :dance:

MINIFIED
November 30th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Quick note .. it will be just me, not me +1, sorry for the confusion with the way I posted it ..

MINIFIED
November 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Just a thought ..

Last year I attended a drive with the HRMINI club whose members did a remarkable job *filling* my MINI with toys to donate in memory of our club member, Chuck's (Carbucks) infant grandson ..

Chuck has just posted to the forum that the annual toy drive will this year benefit the NC Children's Home
[see this post: http://www.tarheelminis.org/showpost.php?p=39074&postcount=1]

Who would be interested in making our drive/dinner on Sunday a benefit drive? Toys or monetary donations welcome, and I will arrange to get them to Chuck on Monday or Tuesday next week so that his daughter may deliver them ..

Bring what you like, contribute as you are inclined to do, and I'll buy the first pitcher of beer (or Margarita's, or whatever!) on Sunday as Thanks! :girl_wink:

tjwoodson1
November 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
...or pepsi? d:

I'll see what I can bring. (:

kelyparker
November 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM
My car should be all fixed by then, woot!

taylor, what was wrong with your car?

MINIFIED
December 2nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
...or pepsi? d:

I'll see what I can bring. (:

Yes, I think I can manage a pitcher of Pepsi, too .. long as you promise to find a DD or call a taxi if the need arises .. :girl_wacko:

kelyparker
December 2nd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Okay, our reservation has been made. :)

Are you Jacksonville guys meeting us in Greenville?

GokartPilot
December 4th, 2009, 08:50 AM

Kelly,
Going to try. I will have a better idea if I can make it to Greenville tomorrow. I will at least be at New Bern though.

Taylor,
Sending you a PM.

Scott,
I will give you a call by tomorrow for more info.

Dale Williams
December 4th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Dale Williams & Celeste would loke to come. Is it too late to sign up? Phone 919-812-3062

kelyparker
December 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
It is certainly not too late! We will look forward to seeing you there.
Will you be meeting us in Greenville to caravan? Or in New Bern for dinner?

Scott111184
December 5th, 2009, 09:21 AM

I am for sure. Awaiting Kenny's call to see what his plans are.

kelyparker
December 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
hey guys! i'm looking forward to tomorrow.
is everyone still planning to come if it is raining?

Scott111184
December 5th, 2009, 11:50 AM
hey guys! i'm looking forward to tomorrow.
is everyone still planning to come if it is raining?

I'll still be there.

MINIFIED
December 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Rain? What rain? There will be no rain tomorrow .. supposed to be sunny and 50 degrees by early afternoon. It's busy raining here today .. inconvenient since there is the parade and the flotilla scheduled .. but it will be all gone by tomorrow :girl_wink:

** Don't forget if you want to make a toy contribution to Isaiah's Gifts I'll be collecting those tomorrow and will get them to Winston Salem on Monday **

If someone will call me when you get to town I'll walk over to Union Point and catch up with you. I've resisted Capt Ratty's all week since I knew we were going tomorrow. (Will be finding a sportspub this afternoon for that little tiny inconsequential football game to us Gator fans this afternoon if anyone has a New Bern recommendation :girl_wacko:)

jcauseyfd
December 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Roll Tide!!!

MINIFIED
December 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Roll Tide!!!

You're on ...!!

I'll bet you the Toy Drive delivery leg from Graham to W/S Monday night the Gators over the, um, that other team you're pulling for ... whatdaya say, gonna put MINI miles where your mouth is???

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GokartPilot
December 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Kelly,

Tomorrow is suppose to be mid 50's and partly sunny, but this is eastern NC, anything can happen. We will be there as long as I can get a wash in, GIR looks more like Pig Pen right now.

Susan,

If we make it to town we will try to pick something up. Is there a particular age group we are shooting for?

Scott,

Where and when to you want to meet up?

GokartPilot
December 6th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Looks like we are going to meet up with you guys in New Bern.

Scott111184
December 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Looks like we are going to meet up with you guys in New Bern.

Yet again plans have changed and I'll be going. I tried to call you but no answer, gimme a call if you wanna meet in Maysville.

kelyparker
December 6th, 2009, 10:21 AM
scott and/or kenny - call and let me know if plans change and we need to wait for you in greenville. 252-626-7083

Scott111184
December 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
scott and/or kenny - call and let me know if plans change and we need to wait for you in greenville. 252-626-7083

Will do, still trying to get a hold of Kenny.

Does anyone have the address for the theatre on Firetower?

MINIFIED
December 6th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Kenny ..

Good news .. I just ran into Alex, who's digital MINI you tagged in Jacksonville is here! He wasn't sure what time the group was gathering so he's here early and going to hang out .. (he's a die hard, been here since 9am .. which is not quite as long as I've been waiting for y'all to show up .. since TUESDAY!)

We'll meet you here at Union Point about 4pm ..

Scott .. be sure to bring your camera, he's definitely got a unique MINI!

To all the rest: The weather here is absolutely gorgeous* .. see you soon!

*Ok I am told I over-spoke, it's actually a bit nippy but the sun is definitely out!

MINIFIED
December 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
PS Kelly .. Alex (screen name: MINI32, just signed up on the courtesy computer at this hotel :girl_wacko:) makes +1 on the headcount for dinner.

May have 1 or 2 other local to New Bern MINIs show up just to meet and greet but not likely joining us for dinner

minifan09
December 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Had a great time as always guys, looking forward to seeing Scott's excellent pictures.

Scott111184
December 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Wow, what a fun time. We really enjoyed it and looking forward to next time.

Had a great time as always guys, looking forward to seeing Scott's excellent pictures.

Ask and you may receive...

http://scott-halford.smugmug.com/photos/733880040_bodH8-L.jpg

http://scott-halford.smugmug.com/photos/733883957_ZbHpL-L.jpg

http://scott-halford.smugmug.com/photos/733882996_Uyxuk-L.jpg

http://scott-halford.smugmug.com/photos/733885148_wdwuG-L.jpg

Once I get more done tomorrow I will upload a link to where the full res images can be downloaded.

kelyparker
December 7th, 2009, 06:22 AM
great pics, scott! i was going to put mine up... but yours are way better! :)
can't wait to see the rest.

bob had a great time meeting all of you, and even had to admit he was pleasantly surprised by his first mini rally!

minifan09
December 7th, 2009, 07:03 AM
They are amazing pics Scott :)

pbraun
December 7th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Great photos!

GokartPilot
December 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Kelly, thanks for putting last night together, we had a great time. It was good to see everyone again and to meet a few new faces.

Scott, awesome pictures! I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Taylor, thanks for delivering the new toy. I'll send you a picture once I get some time to install it.

I vote Susan as the head of PR!

MINIFIED
December 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Just home from my week in New Bern -- topped off with a wonderful visit and dinner with MINI friends!

Thanks, Kelly for organizing .. such a good job, you're even forgiven for bringing along Scion-boy-Bob .. :girl_wink: .. you'll convert him yet, I'm convinced!

Thank all of you for your generosity with the toys and donations for Isaiah's gifts, too ..

Few photos posted here .. I know they won't compare to some of the others, but ..

Some updates to the MINI-Friends album, in case you need reminders of names with faces ..

Alex, we're a pretty timely group .. no need for a 7 hour head start :girl_wacko:

Dale&Celeste - I'm usually traveling from Raleigh to catch up on the events, so we'll hopefully be caravaning to others in the future. (Check out the Triangle Tranquil Thursdays thread for a little more "local" option!)

And, Daniel, if you happen to check out this website, it was nice meeting you (even if a bit unconventional!), thanks for the tour, and we'll get that MINI photo *next time*

MINIs at Union Point, New Bern, NC

http://www.tarheelminis.org/picture.php?albumid=176&pictureid=2888

Eastern THMMC Gifts to Isaiah's Toys

http://www.tarheelminis.org/picture.php?albumid=176&pictureid=2886

Daniel's "boat"

http://www.tarheelminis.org/picture.php?albumid=176&pictureid=2885

MINIFIED
December 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
a note of Thanks to all of you from Chuck
(cross-posted since some may be subscribed to this thread but not the other)

http://www.tarheelminis.org/showpost.php?p=39460&postcount=24

:meeting::thanks:

Scott111184
December 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Here is a link to the photos, you are more than welcome to download the full res versions if you like.

http://scott-halford.smugmug.com/Other/THMMC-New-Bern/10566115_975qV#733878390_VPhqN

GokartPilot
December 15th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Scott, they came out awesome! Thanks!

Scott111184
December 15th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Scott, they came out awesome! Thanks!

Thanks and you're welcome.

MINIFIED
December 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
To the wonderful folks from the eastern THMMC club extension ..

Not sure if you are subscribed to this thread, but if not, just wanted you to know that you have been Thanked for your generosity with the Toy Drive:
http://www.tarheelminis.org/showpost.php?p=39749&postcount=26

And you know some of us Triangle folks, you know the ones who will use any excuse for a drive, have joined you on the eastern outings, please feel free to join us on Saturday for ours .. (I haven't had the chance to do my route homework like Kelly does, and it is weather contingent, but should be a good excuse!)
http://www.tarheelminis.org/showpost.php?p=39580&postcount=1

Happy Holidays, and see you in 2010!