PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a trip to the UK and want to go to a MINI event?

Girliebird
June 24th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Here is a link to NMC's 2010 schedule, broken out by month! Take a peek and plan a trip! I hear there are good things to come in 2011! But, the birdie wouldn't tell me more than that.

If there is enough interest, Deano says they will plan a MINI event just for the visit of THMMC! Think about it amongst yourselves.:big_boss:

http://www.nottsminiclub.co.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=119

ChEErs!
Mel

limey loco
June 25th, 2010, 07:25 AM
You know that we are a very very friendly bunch Mel, and im sure that it would be a groundbreaking event & more importantly a brilliant time! Mini's,Marmite & Branston! You know it makes sense.

Girliebird
June 25th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Well, the only thing that would make since to me would be the MINI part. My husband gets the Marmite and Branston part. Everyone, don't mix those 2 together. That's just yuck! Oh, to have a full English Breakfast and then go out for a MINI run! Would that be fab or what???!!!! I know Twister wants to go! It's just a matter of when.

Agnt006
June 25th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I'd love to go, but is there a company over there that rents minis?

mrbeebe
June 25th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hey Melanie, just an FYI. We went to London last year using TRAVELZOO.com. It was like $ 599.00 per person with round trip air on Virgin atlantic (from DC to Heathrow) and six nights lodging. They have similar deals right now as well.Have a great weekend, they say it is going to be hot ....LOLTodd

nsmithauburn
June 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
We would need plenty of notice, but I'm sure my wife and I would be interested!

limey loco
June 26th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Im sure that a Trans Atlantic session of chit chat with Deano & others would lead to some wheels being sorted.....oh and a little NMC get together to show you our hospitality.

deano
June 30th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I'd love to go, but is there a company over there that rents minis?

I can sort that out for you guys if your interested.

deano
June 30th, 2010, 06:38 AM
All I will say is that Summer 2011 is the time to visit the UK ;)

Agnt006
June 30th, 2010, 03:26 PM
hmm... intriguing. lol.. all I can say Deano is you've got fantastic taste in Mini colors. ;)

deano
June 30th, 2010, 04:48 PM
hmm... intriguing. lol.. all I can say Deano is you've got fantastic taste in Mini colors. ;)

Thanks a lot, if any of you guys do come to the UK be sure to let me know!

limey loco
July 2nd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Red is so last year....silver with lime green is the future! LOL

Agnt006
July 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
so Im wondering how many of us would need to go before we could get a group rate on plane tickets.... hmmmm...

limey loco
July 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
loco idea...get yourself over to the East coast. Mini's en route. NYC, Staten Island Ferry. Speak to the Ships Captain, offer him a Few Dollars More (like Clint Eastwood), divert the Ferry to say....Portsmouth. Et voila!!! Blighty, cheap way. :jester: Thats the loco method.

Agnt006
July 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
sounds alright to me. lol.. :D

limey loco
July 13th, 2010, 04:45 AM
sounds alright to me. lol.. :D

Thats the genius of the loco for ya!

Agnt006
July 13th, 2010, 11:52 AM
looks like we'd need 10 people to get a group rate on airfare. You know, just in case anyone was wondering. lol ;)

deano
July 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi All,

If your thinking of coming over June 2011 is the time to do it :)

Deano

Sgt Pepper
July 13th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm DEFINITELY interested in this!! :D

deano
July 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'm DEFINITELY interested in this!! :D

Great stuff!

Girliebird
July 13th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I can't go! :o( I have a wedding in London in October. Can't afford two trips in one year. I'll have to go another time. I will always want to do the Brighton Run. It's on my list of To Do's!!!! Fan of Quadrophenia, so I LOVE Brighton! We are the MODS!!!!!

deano
July 13th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I can't go! :o( I have a wedding in London in October. Can't afford two trips in one year. I'll have to go another time. I will always want to do the Brighton Run. It's on my list of To Do's!!!! Fan of Quadrophenia, so I LOVE Brighton! We are the MODS!!!!!

London 2 Brighton run is ALWAYS second Sunday of May for your records.

And you need to book about 3-4 months in advance.

PHIL.AKA007
July 13th, 2010, 05:16 PM
group rates are usually 30+ I used to be a tour guide so group rates is the best way to go. The time of year will push the rate up if we go in peak time, but early spring or fall [ autumn for my fellow brits] is a cheaper rate.

Agnt006
July 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
This is the gist of what I saw on United, American and UsAirways...

Our competitive GroupsPlus program permits 10 or more passengers traveling on the same flight(s) to the same destination to be eligible for United's discounted group pricing and special group terms Additionally, domestic itineraries are eligible to earn one free tour conductor ticket for every 30 ticketed passengersI was expecting 30 as well, this could help us if we're really thinking about going.

limey loco
July 14th, 2010, 05:21 PM

Still...if you are about either pre or post Wedding, then im sure the accomodating bunch at the NMC would take you for a little drive somewhere if you wanted!

Girliebird
July 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I'll have to see next year when I get the plans. You never know! While HeMel goes off with his friends and drinking in their local, SheMel can go off with her MINI friends! hehehe

limey loco
July 15th, 2010, 05:02 AM
I'll have to see next year when I get the plans. You never know! While HeMel goes off with his friends and drinking in their local, SheMel can go off with her MINI friends! hehehe

While HeMel goes off to Tesco to stuock up on foodstuffs more like! LOL