PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Run Nov 6th...

laardilla21
October 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hey All,

I am new to the club, and wanted to extend an invitation to all interested in a little trip I am taking to Mt. Mitchell and then on to Asheville next weekend. I come into town every few weeks to visit the family, since I am in college in Charleston, SC. I just got my Mini and wanted to get it up into the mountains for a day of mountain air and roads!

-Johnny

Dirt
October 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Hmm...sounds like fun. How far is Mt Mitchell from Asheville?

laardilla21
October 30th, 2010, 06:14 PM
It is on the parkway about an hour out. Highest point east of the Mississippi and there is an auto road to the top.

Rhiannon
November 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
When and where would you want to meet? I would be coming from Winston... Always looking for an excuse to go to the mountains :-)

laardilla21
November 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM
The weather has been really changing its mind lately.....ugh...

I am stuck between still going and going to a car meet thing in Charlotte. If you still wanna go definitely let me know. I think the snow event has become much less.

-Johnny

laardilla21
November 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
So, it looks as though the weather may hold off or just make for a great drive! I will be heading up towards Boone around like lunch time. Any takers lemme know!

-Johnny
(843)478-1849

Rhiannon
November 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Johnny, I sent you a message via text.

laardilla21
November 6th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hey All...

Just updating this one last time.....The trip to the mountains is a go!!

It would be great if anyone in the local area (Boone/Morganton), who wants to get out for the day, goes out with us. We will be meeting at the Cook Out on Hwy 321 in Boone for some lunch and then run down the parkway. Hopefully we can get some awesome pics, and just maybe some snowflakes to start the season off right!

-Johnny