PDA

View Full Version : MOTD 2012 caravans

MINIFIED
April 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Please post caravan ideas to Fontana for this year for others to be able to join up.

Please include DAY, TIME (approx), and CITY (region) and contact others who post interest.

MINIFIED
April 25th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Triangle area for departure on WEDNESDAY AM

- time is flexible though will try and link up with any from the Hampton Roads group in Durham as they pass through. As soon as I confirm what time, I will post. (Last year we met at the Cracker Barrel off I-85)

-MINIFIED - Susan
-PALEO - Troy

Mr.Jim
April 25th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Leaving from Hickory some time in morning, not too early.

MiniCuse
April 25th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Triangle area for departure on WEDNESDAY AM

- time is flexible though will try and link up with any from the Hampton Roads group in Durham as they pass through. As soon as I confirm what time, I will post. (Last year we met at the Cracker Barrel off I-85)

-MINIFIED - Susan
-PALEO - Troy

Susan, I'll caravan with you guys as long as the departure time is closer to noon rather than earlier.

MINIFIED
April 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I've posted to the HRMINIs site to try and get a VA/NC contingent and I expect we'll be leaving Durham around 10am .. in fact, unless any of them has any objections (do we give them a vote, after all, we're letting them visit OUR state for the weekend, right?? ha ha ha) .. I'm thinking along this line ..

Meet at Cracker Barrel off I-85 in Durham 9:30, departing about 9:45-10am depending on what time the HR MINI group arrives ..
3703 Hillsborough Road Durham, NC 27705 (Exit 177 off I-85)

That puts us just in time for a lunch stop at Bruce's in Marion. If we meet up at Cracker Barrel about 9:30-10am we would get to Marion about 12:30-1pm .. here is a link to the reviews for Bruce's - they have a daily lunch special that's always good (and includes dessert!!) and I dunno, about 750 varieties of homemade cheesecake every day ..
http://http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49324-d793443-Reviews-Bruce_s_Fabulous_Foods-Marion_North_Carolina.html

Jim .. that's about 45 minutes from you, interested in meeting up with the group (not sure how many!) in Marion for lunch before heading west?

Mr.Jim
April 25th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I've posted to the HRMINIs site to try and get a VA/NC contingent and I expect we'll be leaving Durham around 10am .. in fact, unless any of them has any objections (do we give them a vote, after all, we're letting them visit OUR state for the weekend, right?? ha ha ha) .. I'm thinking along this line ..

Meet at Cracker Barrel off I-85 in Durham 9:30, departing about 9:45-10am depending on what time the HR MINI group arrives ..
3703 Hillsborough Road Durham, NC 27705 (Exit 177 off I-85)

That puts us just in time for a lunch stop at Bruce's in Marion. If we meet up at Cracker Barrel about 9:30-10am we would get to Marion about 12:30-1pm .. here is a link to the reviews for Bruce's - they have a daily lunch special that's always good (and includes dessert!!) and I dunno, about 750 varieties of homemade cheesecake every day ..
http://http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49324-d793443-Reviews-Bruce_s_Fabulous_Foods-Marion_North_Carolina.html

Jim .. that's about 45 minutes from you, interested in meeting up with the group (not sure how many!) in Marion for lunch before heading west?

We were hoping to get to Fontana a little before 3 which would cut it really close or even later.

bknblk
April 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Susan, its Tom and Kathleen from Wilmington we were leaving Wed. am and would meet up with all of you at Cracker Barrel.

MINIFIED
April 27th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Susan, its Tom and Kathleen from Wilmington we were leaving Wed. am and would meet up with all of you at Cracker Barrel.

Hi Tom

You'd be taking the I-40 route rather than the more southern route (probably not a bad idea given the condition that 85 under construction near Charlotte is in) .. I'm planning to back up the meet time in Durham a little bit to get to Marion between 12-12:30 so that those that want to get to Fontana by 3-3:30 will have time to do so. There are 5 MINIs coming from Hampton Roads but they may opt to do a fast food lunch elsewhere in the interest of time.

We'll plan to leave Cracker Barrell at 9 .. we'll probably get there at 8:45 to be there a little early and we should then get to lunch about 12-12:15 for any stopping in Marion .. not sure how many we'll have at CB or may pick up along the way but hopefully earlier lunch gets those planning to arrive at Fontana between 3-3:30 time to do so ..

Looking forward to seeing you again!

MiniCuse
April 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I work night shift so a mid-morning departure time didn't work for me. But the MINI gods are kind and I've been asked to work day shift Monday and Tuesday so I will be joining the Durham Caravan after all.

MINIFIED
April 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I work night shift so a mid-morning departure time didn't work for me. But the MINI gods are kind and I've been asked to work day shift Monday and Tuesday so I will be joining the Durham Caravan after all.

YAY!!!

So as it stands .. Durham caravan meeting at Cracker Barrel (from the CB website, Exit 173 at Cole Mill Rd off I-85) meet at 8:45, wheels up at 9am

Planning to meet:

MINIFIED - Susan
PALEO - Troy
MINICuse - Dave
BKNBLK - Tom and Kathleen
*possibly 5 from HR MINI club*

Meeting up in Marion, NC at lunch Jim & Sherry (MR JIM) .. some from the HR Club may join us at Bruce's for lunch [http://www.ourstate.com/bruces-fabulous-food/]
others will opt to do a fast food lunch stop .. ETA to Fontana 3-3:30

I think everyone has my cell but add to your phone if you don't, ESPECIALLY if you plan to caravan with us and haven't posted that .. we won't know to wait for anyone not on this list! 9I9 6O6 65I5