Close

Club Sponsor

Please purchase from our sponsors whenever you can.

M7 Speed

Threaded View

Name
    Jeff
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S
    Photos
    Click here

My Social Networking

Follow jcauseyfd On Twitter Add jcauseyfd on Facebook Add jcauseyfd on Google+
    Add jcauseyfd on Linkedin Visit jcauseyfd's Youtube Channel Visit jcauseyfd's Vimeo Channel

05/29/2017 - WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest

THMMC members, especially those in the Triangle area, apologies for the short notice while we have been working out the details, but we are glad to be able to announce that we have once again been asked to participate in the WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest by helping with a caravan of flags from the event location to Oakwood Cemetery in Raleigh for placement on the grave sites of service members buried there.

Like last year, this year's Balloon Fest will be held in Fuquay-Varina at Fleming Loop Park (301 Fleming Loop Road, Fuquay-Varina, NC ~ Google Maps Link to location).

In case you have not participated in this event, organizers will be selling flags to be placed in a field of flags to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. On Monday morning a closing ceremony will be held. After that, the flags will be collected and distributed to the members of the THMMC and a couple other organizations who are participating. We will then form a MINI convoy to transport the flags to Oakwood Cemetery and help place the flags on service members' graves. I understand that this year they are planning to include us in a parade through town that will be part of the closing ceremony (although I'm not 100% certain on this).

As I'm sure you know, any time MINIacs get together, it is a good time. However, I think you will find this event is also very moving and will touch you deeply to know the sacrifices that have been made by many so that we can enjoy our freedoms.

If you plan to participate, please post here. I am still working out all of the details with the organizers and will be posting detailed information as to where exactly you will need to report and at what time. However, I would recommend that anyone participating needs to plan to be at the event by 10:00 am on Monday, May 29th so we can get organized and lined up before the closing ceremony commences.

For more information regarding the WRAL Freedom Balloon Festival, please visit their web site at: http://www.wralfreedomballoonfest.com/

After we are done at the cemetery, we will plan to eat lunch together (details pending).

UPDATE #1:

On Monday morning we are going to stage at the following location:

Fidelity Bank
    100 S Main St
    Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526

Please plan to arrive by 9:30 am and enjoy some fellowship with other MINI owners. We are still waiting for the exact time, but at around 10:00 - 10:30 we will proceed to the event location (Fleming Loop Recreational Park). The exact time may vary as we have to wait for flight operations to conclude. The closing ceremony is scheduled to take place at 11:00 am. At the close, flags will be loaded and the groups transporting them will make a slow, parade style drive through town over to South Park on South Main Street before leaving for their respective cemeteries.

For THMMC, this will be Oakwood Cemetery in downtown Raleigh. Upon arrival, members will assist with placing flags on the graves of service members.

We are waiting for confirmation, but we do hope to have a lunch planned for the group after we are done at Oakwood, so stay tuned for an additional update with those details.

UPDATE #2
    For those interested in sticking around after we finish at Oakwood Cemetery, we are planning to gather for lunch at the following location:

Bahama Breeze
    3309 Wake Forest Rd
    Raleigh, NC 27609

We will try to get a head count either at our staging area or once we get to the Balloon Fest site and are waiting for the closing ceremony to provide to the restaurant. They do know that we plan to have a group lunch there.
    jcauseyfd | CROC #361 | www.totehmoon.com | 2008 CR/W MCS "MINI WUF"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jcauseyfd For This Useful Post:

Pippa (May 20th, 2017)

Thread Information