Close

Club Sponsor

Please purchase from our sponsors whenever you can.

M7 Speed

Threaded View

Name
    Kerry
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S Convertible
    Photos
    Click here

My Social Networking

Follow kerryadrienne On Twitter Add kerryadrienne on Facebook Add kerryadrienne on Google+
    Add kerryadrienne on Linkedin

Exclamation Urgent! *need help/opinions on buying*

ETA: I'm still needing suggestions. We didn't go to Va today because when they installed the new turbo, they knocked an oil line loose and have to fix that. So...yeah...

hi-
    we've been looking for a Mellow Yellow Mini for my daughter and came across this one: http://www.directdodgechryslerjeep.c...c01cf4144d.htm

The dealer's salesman has been very nice on the phone. The car needed a turbo replacement and they had to wait on the part, etc. It is now ready to go and we are first in line. They had originally told us they would drive it to Raleigh for our inspection. (for a fee). Now, they won't (too many people interested in it). I had asked about getting it checked by a mechanic and he told me "absolutely", but now says no, it cannot go on a lift or be checked by another dealership. We can test drive it all we want, etc, or have a tech look at it (in Va, sigh). When I questioned him, he said he'd never have told me we could get it checked--though I had absolutely asked. The only used car we've not had checked beforehand is a certified Honda with a warranty. This car has no warranty.

Thoughts? It appears nicely loaded (but we don't want a lawn ornament) and the price seems fair. I have a little worry though about the lack of checking it out and the changes in terms since the car has been fixed. I do understand they are a business and why would they bring it here when they could sell it tomorrow off the lot--but I also think that since they said they would, they should honor it.

I have to let them know by 9pm tonight whether we will drop everything and drive up tomorrow (3 hours). If I knew the car was in great shape, I wouldn't hesitate. But I worry about the "no putting it on a lift". His reason: other dealers will pick and find things to be fixed or even sabotage it. Im thinking--why would they think that? Maybe I'm naive.

Any advice or comments on the deal are appreciated. Any tips on checking a used car out ourselves are also appreciated. Any knowledge about this model or known issues with this year, I'd love your advice.

Don't sugarcoat it. :) And if there were repairs needed, what's a worst case scenario? (short of replacing the engine, lol). Are we talking maybe another 5K possible in a year? Trying to weigh the risks. She really wants this color.

thank you so very much for any advice/help you can give.

Kerry
    Last edited by kerryadrienne; July 18th, 2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: flag for urgency

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kerryadrienne For This Useful Post:

BreathEZ (July 20th, 2017)

Thread Information