Close

Club Sponsor

Please purchase from our sponsors whenever you can.

Flow MINI of Raleigh

1st Gear
    Name
    Becky
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S
    Color
    Dark Silver
    Photos
    Click here
    My MINI

your MINI love -- have a story or a photo?

Hi everybody,

I'm on the prowl for some demonstrations of MINI love. I am the very happy owner of MacTaggart, a dark silver MCS with white stripes. I am very contented -- I really can't see myself owning another car -- and have fond memories of road trips and twisties. (That's me with MacTaggart and my dog Shirley on the Blue Ridge Parkway.) I don't have really over-the-top stories to tell. But I wager some folks do.

In the interest of disclosure, I work at a Durham company who is collaborating with MINI USA. I'm talking to them about owners' love for MINI. Anything I'm collecting is just for a chat with them; it will never appear out in the world.

So -- please let's hear it! And if you prefer to share your story quietly, feel free to DM me. Thanks, everyone!BeckShirlMINI.jpg

Name
    Michael
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Countryman JCW
    Color
    Absolute Black
    Photos
    Click here
    My MINI

My Social Networking

Add mjsteelega on Facebook
    To tell the story quietly would not be Mini-esq! And I think we (Checker and I) and a fairly fun story to tell. We do so much together and currently have a little over 700 followers on her Facebook page, and quite active discussions on our many adventures. You can follow us at www.facebook.com/checkerthemini.

Our latest adventure was finding just the right shifter knob. Finally chose one from this fabulous Italian company called Black out of Torino, Italy. Installing was most of the adventure! Another great story, which got a nice mention by Mini corporate on their Facebook an twitter feeds, was our pumpkin last fall. We carved a mini cooper into it. Who knew a Dremmel could work so well on a pumpkin! And we're constantly on lunch dates with other Minis. She's be out with a Lamborghini, and Plymouth Prowler and last summer, was spotted with a Tesla Roadster in Washington, DC!

Would love to introduce you to her. Drop me a note if you'd like to connect.

Best,

Michael and Checker
    Www.facebook.com/checkerthemini
    Twitter @checkerthemini
    Regards,

Mike
    '14 R60 JCW All4
    http://tinyurl.com/checkerthemini

Name
    Phipps
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S
    Color
    Midnight Black
    Photos
    Click here
    My MINI
    Where do I start guys....

This car, "Gavin" named after Tommy Gavin from Rescue Me the TV Show. This car is male for sure. We are partners in crime not literally except (traffic violations at HelenBlitz last weekend)

Quite simply this car is me. Gets more with less and has fun doing it!

In the mid-90's I used to be a high school kid buying parts at a british car junkyard that had lots of early Morris, and Austin Mini's, even panel trucks. I remember in 1995 dreaming and sitting in these rust buckets thinking wouldnt it be awesome if these came back one day. MAN did they!

This is the most fun and the closest to my old flame, a 1975 TR6. This car has the spirit and runs when it is cold or rains... haha.

Plus it flat out hauls!!!!

I am glad to be a travelling salesman again!

-Phipps

Creater of Cartographic Cleverness jcauseyfd's Avatar
    Name
    Jeff
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S
    Color
    Chili Red
    Photos
    Click here
    My MINI

My Social Networking

Follow jcauseyfd On Twitter Add jcauseyfd on Facebook Add jcauseyfd on Google+
    Add jcauseyfd on Linkedin Visit jcauseyfd's Youtube Channel Visit jcauseyfd's Vimeo Channel
    You could probably read my blog at www.totehmoon.com/blog to find some MINI tales and a bunch of pics of the MINI WUF (though I am a bit remiss in not yet posting recaps of some 2011 events). It has been a busy four years of motoring fun!!

jcauseyfd | CROC #361 | www.totehmoon.com/blog/ | 2008 CR/W MCS "MINI WUF"

2014 Year of Motoring
    January - New Year of Motoring Run 2014
    February - BE MINE Rally
    March - The Irish Job
    April - Dogs and Dash
    May - THMMC Happy Anniversary and Memorial Day Motoring Celebration
    June - Blue Ridge Parkway Tour 2014
    July - Summer Heat Rally
    August - Sunrise Rally
    September - Labor Day Loop de Loop
    October - Mystery in the Mountains Run
    November - The Return of Turkey: Strut Back Into Action
    December - ???

1st Gear
    Name
    Becky
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S
    Color
    Dark Silver
    Photos
    Click here
    My MINI
    These are great stories!

I loved the MINI jack-o-latern, Michael, and the FB page is great fun.

I don't know if you were serious, Phipps, but the notion of a traveling salesman who now enjoys the road is heart-warming. I could see how I'd be tempted to leave my office job if it meant I could drive my MINI everywhere.

Great photos and write ups of MOTD, Jeff. I love the shot of the car that says "stickers make the car go faster." And that's a great note you mention: when you buy a MINI you not only get the car, you get the community.

Thanks a bunch, guys! Hit me back if any additional inspiration strikes!

Thread Information