PDA

View Full Version : Ocracoke Commitments!

BlimeyCabrio
January 22nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Please post if you're (a) planning to attend or (b) hope to attend but tentative, as well as how many passengers in addition to the driver will be in your car. I'll keep a running list here. This helps me know where we stand for ferry space and motel space, and helps predict the number of people we need to accommodate at meal stops. Obviously, if you tell me you're planning to attend, and have to cancel later for some reason, that's OK - I just need to keep a count of "pretty sures" vs. "maybes"

THANKS! :)

"Committed"
1) BlimeyCabrio +3
2) jdavidson +1
3) RudyT +1
4) CooperSKart +1 or 2
5) wildcrazy442000 +1
6) Sgt Pepper +1
7) SALEMGYM +1
8) minibugs +1
9) carbucks +1
10) popsmini +1
11) 02R53
12) MINIFIED
13) Nascar Mini +1
14) yaemsiri +1
15) Cali4Me +2
16) MiniBarb +1
17) Mosie21 +1
18) Joe R +3
19) Robert Moore
20) GoHeelsMINI +1
21) DaveT +1

RudyT
January 22nd, 2008, 10:20 PM
Move me and the misses to the kool kid list...

BThayer23
January 23rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Put me on the maybe list +1

wildcrazy442000
January 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Really slack at work right now, Hate to make a committment at this time. The only reason I am working OT is I am on loan to another deptment, not sure how long that will last.

BlimeyCabrio
January 23rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
wildcrazy - understood - we probably have about 4-6 weeks before we start needing to worry about ferry and motel reservations.

RudyT
January 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
would making the reservations this weekend be TOO early ???

BlimeyCabrio
January 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
NOT too early - I made my motel and ferry reservations today!

I'm going to send out an email blast to all club members about this next week - and it's entirely possible that will generate enough interest to fill the ferry - so any of you forum regulars who want to guarantee your spot should make your ferry reservation sooner rather than later!

RudyT
January 23rd, 2008, 11:17 PM
then I'll be making the reservation this Friday... I'll get the hotel you mentioned and will see you there. Did you want to bring the CBC or me :D

CooperSKart
January 28th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Paul, can you move us to the pretty sure list? It will be my wife and I and possibly Ethan if we can't get Nana & Papa to watch him.

BlimeyCabrio
January 28th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Done!

Sgt Pepper
February 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Paul,

I made our ferry and hotel reservations today, we are set on go! Please move me to the "Committed" list, and add Mrs Sgt Pepper to that list as well! Thanks!!

wildcrazy442000
February 3rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Made Reservations Today!!!!

MidnightDave
February 5th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Just moved from the maybe to the no can do list. The up side, it's b/c my boss is sending me to Vegas the week prior to attend a conference. Strictly business, of course. <nudge nudge, wink wink> I'll be toast when I return Friday night.

SALEMGYM
February 6th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Frank and Gail are looking forward to the trip. Put us on the list. We have our ferry and hotel resv.

kiwigould
February 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM
You can put myself and the wife on the maybe list, If we can find a house sitter for the animals we will move to the definate yes group by the end of the week.

popsmini
February 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Add popsmini +1
Live in Washington (on the route)
We have a very nice waterfront.
Would be a good place for lunch and pictures.

Or will meet up in Greenville.:D

minimark
February 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Washington has a very nice water front, we love to take our boat there! Tell Rodney we said hey!!!:D

02R53
February 12th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'll be there...

kiwigould
February 15th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Booked the ferry and hotel today, so put myself and my wife on the kool kids list, cant wait.

MINIFIED
February 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM
New (used) MINI owner in Raleigh, planning to join this trip; please add me to the "Committed" list.
Side note: Spoke with Sue at the Ferry reservations and she said it's important that someone note the type of vehicle the reservation is for. Said she has several reservations but none had indications that they are for MINI's (which helps in their planning, imagine that!) .. be sure when making reservations to let the agent know it's for a MINI .. (I was able to update a couple because she was able to recognize the reservation name with the name on the "Committed" list, but not all)
Looking forward to this trip and meeting club members!

BlimeyCabrio
February 17th, 2008, 03:44 PM
MINIFIED - welcome to the club! Happy to have you! Thanks for the info - I told the original guy I talked with about the club, and what we were driving, and he said "doesn't matter"... so I don't think he knew what a MINI was... hehehe

02R53
February 20th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Oh Oh... add plus 1 for me.....

Nascar Mini
February 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Ok, we're booked at the Ferry and at the Pony motel so add us (Nascar Mini+1) to the cool kids list.Since we'll be coming from Mooresville,we'll possibly come up Fri and get a room in Knightdale and meet the group Sat morning.
Bill

MINI Rog
February 24th, 2008, 12:30 PM
We have ferry reservations and are locked in at the Pony Island Motel so add 2 to the committed list.

S@ndman
February 25th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Add me to the confirmed list. made both reservations today...........

BTW: I did not see any twistys on the map :-)

Michael

BlimeyCabrio
February 25th, 2008, 09:16 PM
"A little curvy" is about as good as it gets down east... but if you go fast enough, even the gentle sweepers seem tight... :cool:

wildcrazy442000
February 25th, 2008, 09:40 PM
No Right turns while the ferry is in motion PLEASE!!!

Mini Barb
March 2nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Please add us to the confirmed list -- just made the reservations!

Mini Barb and Warren

Mosie21
March 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Paul.
You can put myself plus Sue on the 'pretty sure' list. We'll be making ferry reservations this weekend. Looking forward to the event.

JoeR
March 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

Taking my little family in our little Mini for a trip to Ocracoke! It will be my two girls plus Lisi and I. So thats 4...maybe a doll or stuff animal too.

See you at the randevouz point!

Joe Richter:cool:

Robert Moore
March 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Please place my name on the "Maybe" list for now but I will confirm within 72 hours. I've never attended a club event or any activity for that matter. I look forward to meeting with people who won't think my car is "odd" or "cute" - What do they know anyway!

Robert Moore
AKA: A-MINI-1:D

kiwigould
March 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Good company, great cars, its quite a sight seeing 20 minis screaming down the road together, it will be a great weekend you should come. And the last time someone called my mini cute it ate him. lol

Robert Moore
March 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Move Robert Moore from the maybe list to the Pretty Sure subject to confirmation of motel & ferry reservations!:D

BlimeyCabrio
March 12th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Excellent! Keep'em coming, folks!

minibugs
March 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Paul, we are on our way we should be there by the 12TH! Ha! :D:cool:

GOHEELSMINI
March 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Add me in +1 more....do we know a for sure place everyone is meeting Sat am yet?

BlimeyCabrio
March 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Add me in +1 more....do we know a for sure place everyone is meeting Sat am yet?

Yep - the Food Lion shopping center parking lot, in Zebulon:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&dq=food+lion,+loc:+Zebulon,+NC&daddr=114+Wakelon+St,+Zebulon,+NC+27597&geocode=14538153716274060770,35.833155,-78.319280&ll=35.833155,-78.319280&iwstate1=dir:to&iwloc=A&f=d

Sgt Pepper
March 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Paul what time are we shooting for Saturday morning?

BlimeyCabrio
March 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Many questions can be answered by reading the first post of the General Info thread! :)

Start time 10:30 sharp.

Harmless Dave
March 27th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Trying to book today. Put us on the VERY possible list. Will update soon.

popsmini
March 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Popsmini will meet up at CPW's in Gville.

Harmless Dave
March 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hey Twister,

Bev and I just confimed our ferry and room for rhte Ocracoke run. We are really looking forward to see everyone again. Might even make it tomorrow night to Indigos.

Anyone else leaving that Sat. morning from W-S taht we can hook up with?

B&D

Vango
April 1st, 2008, 09:27 AM
PUT ME ON THE COOL KIDS LIST I JUST GOT RESERVATIONS.......YEEEHAAA

BlimeyCabrio
April 1st, 2008, 09:40 AM
PUT ME ON THE COOL KIDS LIST I JUST GOT RESERVATIONS.......YEEEHAAA

Van - cool!
One person in one car, two people in two cars, or two people in one car?

(It's so confusing with you guys... ;))

Thanks!

Vango
April 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
Ill be all alone Jennifer is gonna be in new mexico

Harmless Dave
April 1st, 2008, 09:55 AM
while the cat's away.......

MINI Rog
April 3rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
I regret that we will have to bow out of the Ocracoke event. We were so looking forward to this event but more bad stuff keeps happening so we have just got to stay home for awhile. I will call tomorrow and cancel my reservation ($83 room) at the Pony Island Motel so if someone wants my space let me know. I guess I had better call and cancel my ferry space as well. I know you all will have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures

yaemsiri
April 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Put me +1 for committed

Jak

BlimeyCabrio
April 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry you can't make it, Roger - we'll miss y'all. :(

Jak - you're in!

Vango
April 4th, 2008, 07:05 AM
We will miss you Roger and Donna

jdavidson
April 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hey finally got a room reserved (phew) I called today and they also had a cancellation on a 70 dollar 3rd floor room so Roger's 83 dollar room is still available! Anyone who still needs a room should call asap

I'll try and take plenty of pics Roger! Sorry you can't make it now

Nascar Mini
April 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Jason,
I believe i read where you were thinking about staying in the Zebulon or somewhere Fri nite. Did you ever find a place,as i'm in the situation? I'd like to get a room Fri night so i wouldn't have to drive up from Mooresville Sat am.I really wish we could leave earlier than 10am as it looks like we're not really going to have much time to explore Ocracoke Island if we get there 6ish,eat at 7ish and leave at 9am the next am for Hatteras.Anyway,just thought i'd ask about Fri nite accomodations.
Bill

jdavidson
April 4th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Jason,
I believe i read where you were thinking about staying in the Zebulon or somewhere Fri nite. Did you ever find a place,as i'm in the situation? I'd like to get a room Fri night so i wouldn't have to drive up from Mooresville Sat am.I really wish we could leave earlier than 10am as it looks like we're not really going to have much time to explore Ocracoke Island if we get there 6ish,eat at 7ish and leave at 9am the next am for Hatteras.Anyway,just thought i'd ask about Fri nite accomodations.
Bill

Haven't made reservations yet but the hotel is the Country Hearth Inn in Knightdale http://www.countryhearth.com/hotels/nc-knightdale.asp

wildcrazy442000
April 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Add one to the wildcrazy Cooper, My Daughter is comming with me.

wildcrazy442000
April 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Jason,
Bill
Bill, I got a room at the Country Hearth Inn Knightdale. The one Jason has a link to.

SALEMGYM
April 5th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I got a room at the Country Hearth Inn Knightdale also.

Sgt Pepper
April 5th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Paul, please remove the +1 from my name, Mrs Sgt Pepper is not going to be able to join us that weekend. Thanks!

Nascar Mini
April 5th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks Jason,i'll givem a call. Fwiw, i'll be at Euros at the Fair tomorrow,anyone else going?

Bill

Vango
April 7th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Paul take me off the cool kids list Im pulling out of this run this year, hope if you do it again next year It will work out..Sorry

Van

wildcrazy442000
April 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Ready to go:)

kiwigould
April 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Darn It Im in the middle of selling my house( the one Im trying to get has a 4 Car Garage) and sadly I will have to drop out of this weekends fun due to potential buyers. Sorry. Please do this run again as we would love to go.

MINIFIED
April 8th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Hi All ...

I called today to get a reservation for my son to join us [driving a non-MINI, but a small car regardless] and the boat is full :(

[tho perhaps they are not considering the number of cars the ferry can hold if they are all MINIs???]

... if anyone has a ferry reservation he/she will not be able to use due to a change of plans please let me know if you'd be willing to change the name the reservation is for rather than cancel ...

Thanks .. and looking forward to meeting you all .. and hoping for plenty o' sunshine! :)

susan
MINIFIED

kiwigould
April 9th, 2008, 09:25 PM
MINIFIED I think already has a ferry Reservation but I have still got mine so if anyone wants it I will not cancel it until Friday so let me know. I will check back here several times tomorrow, email me and I will be happy to change it into your name. Have fun.

minimark
April 10th, 2008, 08:02 AM
You guy's are going to have a blast, Silver Lake (where you get off the ferry) is just beautiful!!! Joan and I have spent the night on a boat anchored there.! If you have time, that area is a great place to get out of the car and walk around, lots of neat bars & grills and shops. Have a safe and fun time!!!:cool: PS: Take lots of pics....

S@ndman
April 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Paul,

Please add +2 for me. The wifeys plans changed so I will not be solo ....wooo-hooo

Sgt Pepper
April 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Paul,

An 11th hour update! Add the +1 back by my name, my son will be riding shotgun with me for this trip! Thanks!

jdavidson
April 11th, 2008, 05:51 PM
For anyone who might be looking for me at the Country Hearth Inn tonight...decided to save a little dough and be an early bird tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

wildcrazy442000
April 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM
We had a great time.:) Thanks Paul for all of your hard work!

GOHEELSMINI
April 13th, 2008, 08:51 PM
We had a blast also this weekend...so much fun and everyone was so friendly. Thanks Paul for everything as well...the trip was very well planned and organized. Looking forward to many more. :D

~Erin

yaemsiri
April 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Paul , thanks again for organized the trip. It was very nice to meet new friends and tested our new ClubmanS. I am trying to talk Dusdee to take the Blue Ridge trip in June.

Thanks...

Jak

RudyT
April 13th, 2008, 11:00 PM
This trip tops all Blimey. You just keep out doing yourself. Awesome job. I I hope everyone got home safe. I did and I am extremely exhausted... A true sign of a fantastic weekend filled with awe stricken sights and near death experiences. Enjoyed meeting everyone, olds friends and new... A great bunch of people that truly made this a memorable and enjoyable weekend. What a great family to be a part of... Sitting here full of smiles that will last me for quite some time. I look forward to seeing you all in the bends soon. As I raise my cbc spring brock, this toast is for all of you... Motor ON !!!

Will post pics within the next few days on flickr. I'll post the link here.

BlimeyCabrio
April 13th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks again to everyone who joined me on this - we had a great time! I just finished my blog post - click here to see it! (http://www.blimeycabrio.com/?p=402)

Robert Moore
April 13th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Hear! Hear! I agree with Rudy 110%. This was my first run w/ the MINI pack and it was a super adventure! A great job of planning and timing on BLIMEY's part. Probably better than most military operations! Look forward to running w/ a great group of MINI-ers again.

Robert Moore
A-MINI-1

Sgt Pepper
April 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Paul I too want to echo Rudy's comments, Aaron and I had the absolute best time this weekend!! Got to see some old friends and also got to meet a lot of new friends, and we all experienced (and survived) "Blimey's Boat Ride"!! :D:cool:

Thanks again, Paul, for all your hard work on putting everything together for this trip! We appreciate it!!

Mini Barb
April 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Many thanks for a fun time this weekend! Paul, it was so well organized. Thank you for coming up with this great trip. It was nice meeting everyone and checking out your cars!! The Hot Chocolate Clubman was a beauty!! Thanks, too, to RudyT for keeping track of all of us. You did a great job! Looking forward to our next mini outing.

JoeR
April 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Paul and everyone for the fun. Met some new people and hopefully made some new friends. We will see everyone for Paul's next beer run soon in Holly Springs (home of the free beer!:D)

Joe & Lisi (plus 2)

jdavidson
April 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Really enjoyed this adventure, will definitely try and make it to the fall 2009 one!
Paul were the cops really called Sat. night? You kids and your partying all night, shame on you...lol

Will post a few pics soon

BlimeyCabrio
April 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I only repeat the stories as I hear them, with no embellishment. :D

wildcrazy442000
April 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Anyone Else notice that every time we go to a State Park the Rangers hop in the truck and check us out real good.;)

BlimeyCabrio
April 14th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Jealous. :D

Yeah, like if we were gonna make any mischief, they could do anything about it in that pickup truck...:cool:

CooperSKart
April 14th, 2008, 08:41 PM
That was fantastic!
Thanks a bunch again Paul for organizing that. I'm sure it was a ton of work but it was much appreciated. The curves were few & far between, but the company & scenery & adventures were awesome. "Blimey's Boat Ride" will not soon be forgotten! When I heard the tune from Gilligan's Island and "A three hour tour" w/ the dark clouds on the horizon & tornado warnings in Greenville I knew we were in for an interesting ferry ride! Great to meet new people and put faces to the online personas. I hadn't heard anything about Ocracoke's finest getting involved Sat. night, but we zonked out pretty early w/ Ethan keeping us on the straight & narrow.

02R53
April 14th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I concur with fantastic. Thanks Paul for a great time. And thanks Rudy for being the Tail Gunner. Had a great time and met new friends...couldn't ask for much more....well maybe a smoother boat ride :D

BlimeyCabrio
April 14th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I'm just glad folks had a good time. Superhero secret: It's really not that hard to organize an event like this. I just figure out what I'd like to do, make sure meals, hotels and other logistics (like ferries) can scale for 20 cars/40 passengers, and invite folks. Piece of cake. :)

Overnight trips are a great way to pack a LOT of togetherness into a couple of days - and this one was cool because we spent a lot of time together NOT driving (thanks to the ferry rides and meals and photo opps). But single day trips are lots of fun, too. And even easier to organize.

For me, this trip will have been a GREAT success if one, or two, or five, or ALL of you repay me by organizing your very OWN event, in your own neck of the woods, sometime in the next 24 months. Heck, I had never done this before last fall. Now I've organized several day drives and an overnighter. It's getting easier. :)

But the way we're going to continue to grow the club, and have more events for everyone in all parts of the state, and for people with lots of different interests and styles, is for more folks to step up and do your own events - day drives, weekend trips, charity events, meet and eats, visits to interesting places, whatever turns you on. This event started out with me thinking "wouldn't it be cool if..."

Your turn... what do YOU think would be cool? :cool:
Make it happen!

I'm ALWAYS happy to HELP anyone who would like to do an event, but doesn't know where to start, and would like some pointers, or would like someone to bounce ideas off of, or help promoting it via the forum and the club email list. Just let me know. After all, I AM the VP of Troublemaking... :)

Mini Barb
April 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM
When it's warmer I would love to go to Myrtle Beach for a few days and have something similar to bikers week -- only mini weekend!!

BlimeyCabrio
April 14th, 2008, 09:42 PM
When it's warmer I would love to go to Myrtle Beach for a few days and have something similar to bikers week -- only mini weekend!!

Awesome! Something like that would be a great multi-club event, also... pick a long weekend, spread the invite to the other southeast clubs, and have a very easy bigger event. Pick a "host" hotel or resort, but everyone is responsible for their own lodging, etc. Each area has a little convoy down and back.

Some folks from SC did a weekend like that in Helen, GA several weeks back and had a great turnout from several clubs. :cool:

popsmini
April 14th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Paul,Patty and I had a great time. She sent an article to our local paper and tricounty.com.I talked to a couple of the local MINI oners today and told them how much fun we had.Will try and get some of them to sign up.

RudyT
April 14th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks, too, to RudyT for keeping track of all of us. You did a great job! Looking forward to our next mini outing.

And thanks Rudy for being the Tail Gunner.

I loved being the tail gunner... I had the best seat in line :D

Paul were the cops really called Sat. night? You kids and your partying all night, shame on you...lol

For clarification, it was me calling the cops... not for noise or disturbance, but for a police/sheriff's report on an incident regarding "immigrant idiots with rocks" using my MINI as a moving target. Nuff said :mad:

RudyT
April 15th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Finally... Flickr has finished the massive 158 photo's taken during Blimeys Boat Ride Adventure... All for you guys to enjoy...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rudyt/sets/72157604545128391/

Is there a way to create a pool or group we can all post too? (within flickr or otherwise). Any idea's so we can share all our photo's? I am open to suggestions...

Sgt Pepper
April 15th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Awesome pics, Rudy! And thanks for tailgunnin' for us as well! :D

GOHEELSMINI
April 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Awesome pics Rudy!!

Like Barbs idea of Myrtel Beach event doing a bike week of minis...you know I will be there! :D

~Erin

RudyT
April 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Awesome pics Rudy!!

Like Barbs idea of Myrtel Beach event doing a bike week of minis...you know I will be there! :D

~Erin

I love that idea. I am all in for that. I may go topless for that... or is that legal? lol

Sounds like we should start planning and coordinating, separate thread here in THMMC forums, invites to other clubs, and other logistics. Something like this has the potential to be much like AMVIV or MOTDragon. Start small and let it grow and flourish.

GOHEELSMINI
April 15th, 2008, 09:24 AM
very true Rudy, I agree. This is for sure something that could end up being like the Dragon and for sure get a lot of WTF like bike week. This would be a BLAST!

I think we need to put our heads together on a date, etc and start a new thread as well.

P/S-Rudy, I think you will be okay topless, now if I did that it would be ilegal..:p...I promise to bring more alchol this time...I wasn't prepared lastime...haha.

~Erin

S@ndman
April 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm in. I would load a keg of good ol CBC Ale in the back. Perhaps I could mod to put a couple draught spickets out the back .......NOT,,,, but a nice thought.

Cheers

Michael
"Sandman"

RudyT
April 15th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I'm in. I would load a keg of good ol CBC Ale in the back. Perhaps I could mod to put a couple draught spickets out the back .......NOT,,,, but a nice thought.

Cheers

Michael
"Sandman"

Mod your MINI while your at it... Put some nice big fat nobby tires and a 4x4 system... Raise the MINI's suspension of course and you'll have an off road MINI... ;) There's no chance you'll get stuck a second time. Murtyle Beach does in fact, has a beach.

Then mix in a private beach with draft CBC Ale and a bon fire...
Now we're talking :D

MINIFIED
April 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Hi Y'all ..

Had a great time at Okracoke .. thanks to Paul for organizing (if I didn't tell you, I told at least a dozen others that after always being the one to do the co-ordinating -- where, when, pit stops, food stops, tourist stops -- it was sooooo nice just to follow for a change ... 'specially having Rudy&Co as the tail gunner watching out for us!)

Has anyone noticed that the posters referencing Myrtle Beach that are having trouble spelling Myrtle *also* seem to be the ones who were up late in Rm 113 with the MINI-bar??? hmmm ... just kidding! Had a great time and looking forward to joining the group again (have posted to the BRP run that if there is a solo female driver going who wants to split/share hotel rooms, PM me ... )

MINIFIED
&the rogue mini thanks you too!
(love the pix, thanks for sharing, Rudy .. ah, that patriotic trio on the return was as much fun as 18 MINIs waitin' for the ferry)

TWISTER
April 16th, 2008, 08:56 AM
There is a new gallery for all your picts. Please upload them!

GOHEELSMINI
April 16th, 2008, 01:28 PM
ohhh. Yes the mispelling was I was doing too much at once here at work and not paying attention...beside, I am blonde....that's my story and I am sticking to it. lol ...and to the remark about room 113, lol....I deny all charges...haha.

S@ndman
April 17th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Some may have noticed that my handle recently changed from Cali4Me to S@ndman.
I have never been very good at choosing handles or even pets names as I once had a dog thats name was Dog.
Then came last weekend trip to the island. After eating some really bad shrimp at Howards the women wanted to take a evening stroll on the beach, so I took the first access road that I came across and it turned out that it was about 2 miles long. When I arrived near the beach I noticed that the road went straight onto the beach at which point I stopped. Unfortunately when I stopped the front was already in the soft sand area,not roadway. So being a ex-Yankee with experience with SNOW I slowly tried to back up but the tires only sank with the heavy front end of the car. Since the Mini is already so low it did not have very far to sink. Well to make a long story shorter, $65.00 later and one breathalyser test I was back at the hotel wishing I had brought some Spring Bock.

Anyway thanks to Rudy I have a Handle that fits ! Thanks Rudy.

Michael

Miniboomer
April 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
S@ndman,
Speaking of confusion....I joined the club about a month ago with the handle Sandman. After seeing S@ndman show up on the forum this week and noticing that you had joined prior to me, I felt I needed to change my handle to avoid confusion. So, yesterday I had my handle changed from Sandman to Miniboomer. Since I am okay with the new name and you have an event to associate with yours, I wish you the best.

Sandy

Sandy

02R53
April 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Have to say it fits you. lol At least we all had a good time. Nice self incriminating photo.

BlimeyCabrio
April 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM
You're lucky... in some parts of the state, a tow would have cost you at least one of your women... ;)

RudyT
April 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Oh wow.. Blimey thats too funny...

Glad to oblige on the name... it very much fits. Great photo... or er good evidence. Looks like the shiny tire stuff held well... Glad there's no damage... No harm, no foul !

Rudy

wildcrazy442000
April 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Jesse my daughter wants to know what DMV your girlfriend works at?