PDA

View Full Version : Still hoping to meet ya'll up there....

orangecrush
April 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
The dealer I bought the '05 from in Colorado took the mini back. The one I found in Winston Salem is almost mine. The paperwork was done, the payoff check was sent to BMW Thursday. Once the previous owner verifies that BMW has received the check, I can go get my new mini. (well, new to me)

'06 S convertible with 10K and not a mark on it...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/MyBlueC5/Mini/6654237076_230184502_IM1_MAIN_565x4.jpg

Hopefully this week...

Mark

wildcrazy442000
April 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM
What was wrong with the other MINI?

orangecrush
April 20th, 2008, 09:34 AM
It was a 2005 Hot Orange S convertible with 15K miles. A dealer had it on ebay and though I saw pics of what looked like a perfect mini, we all know pics can hide a lot.

I've been in the bodyshop business for 25 years. If I wanted to paint a car, I would buy one in lesser shape and make it perfect. (I own two bodyshops, one which does restorations)

Having said that, I'm extremely anal about paint and I called the dealer prior to purchasing it and explained I was looking for a MINT mini. Nothing at all wrong with the paint.

When I received the car, it had a total of 31 scratches, gouges and/or dings. I managed to repair all of them EXCEPT one that I would have had to refinish the rt qtr and rt door... which I was not willing to do.

Couple that with the fact that the auction said it had dual automatic climate control, CD changer and foglamps which it had none of these items, I sent it back.

However, the new one has all that and is perfect. That's what I get for buying a car without having someone or myself check it out.

Live and learn.... I also lost the 350 in extra shipping charges (because I wanted it shipped in an enclosed trailer) as opposed to regular shipping.

Catseye
April 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM
It was a 2005 Hot Orange S convertible with 15K miles. A dealer had it on ebay and though I saw pics of what looked like a perfect mini, we all know pics can hide a lot.

I've been in the bodyshop business for 25 years. If I wanted to paint a car, I would buy one in lesser shape and make it perfect. (I own two bodyshops, one which does restorations)

Having said that, I'm extremely anal about paint and I called the dealer prior to purchasing it and explained I was looking for a MINT mini. Nothing at all wrong with the paint.

When I received the car, it had a total of 31 scratches, gouges and/or dings. I managed to repair all of them EXCEPT one that I would have had to refinish the rt qtr and rt door... which I was not willing to do.

Couple that with the fact that the auction said it had dual automatic climate control, CD changer and foglamps which it had none of these items, I sent it back.

However, the new one has all that and is perfect. That's what I get for buying a car without having someone or myself check it out.

Live and learn.... I also lost the 350 in extra shipping charges (because I wanted it shipped in an enclosed trailer) as opposed to regular shipping.
wow. All in all, sounds like you were able to come out of it okay. Sounds like that could have been a nightmare....

orangecrush
April 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it turned out okay (minus the 350 bucks) and you're right, it could have really turned out bad.

BUT hopefully this week I'll be motoring with the gray one.

wildcrazy442000
April 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Don't blame you, sounds a attemped ripoff me. Are you going to keep the OrangeChrush screen name?

orangecrush
April 20th, 2008, 10:47 AM
No, I'd like to change it but I have to find out what color it is...lol. I know that sounds stupid but I thought it was Royal Gray and found out it's not.

It's a dark gray (though the pic kinda shows a bluish tint) I'll figure out a screenname as soon as I get it.

Of course, I still need to name him.... I've never named a car before and don't know what to call him.

Mark

wildcrazy442000
April 20th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I think it is okay to drive a MINI awhile before naming them. Lets you learn their personality.

MidnightDave
April 20th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Glad you're getting it sorted out, and looking forward to meeting you, and "what'shisname" soon!

orangecrush
April 20th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Of course, I still need to name him.... I've never named a car before and don't know what to call him.

Mark

By the way... I do know he's a he. The hot orange one was a she, this one is a male.

Not sure how I know but I do.... :D

Catseye
April 20th, 2008, 01:10 PM
By the way... I do know he's a he. The hot orange one was a she, this one is a male.

Not sure how I know but I do.... :D
I would be concerned if you did know how you knew.....

orangecrush
April 20th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Now, THAT'S funny.... I don't care who you are.

Mark