PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Watkins Glen International Super Colossal MINIrallye Extravaganza '16

MINIFIED
February 4th, 2016, 01:23 AM
What: 2nd Annual Watkins Glen International Super Colossal MINIrallye Extravaganza '16
When: Saturday April 16 7:30am - Sunday April 17 3pm
Where: Watkins Glen International 2790 County Rt 16, Watkins Glen NY

Welcome to the Second Annual Watkins Glen International
Speedway opening day super colossal MINI rallye extravaganza!!!!

This should be great time for all and hopefully you will make some new friends along the way. As you may or may not know WNY MINIs do a run every year to the Watkins glen International Speedway and get an opportunity to
drive on the NASCAR track were racing legends have gone before. This year will be the first year that this event a co-sponsored event with MINI of Rochester and Towne MINI from Williamsville, NY. There will be at least SEVEN MINI clubs represented there and some of our friends from Canada will be there as well!!! This is promising to be a great opportunity to have a wonderful time and make new friends along the way.

It's a long way for most of those in THMMC but looks to be a fun weekend. If you are so inclined, there will be multiple MINI clubs meeting up along the way, join up for the drive. How about heading to Hershey Park for the day on Friday and then joining up with several clubs for the drive to Watkins Glen on Saturday!

If you've never been to "The Glen" you will be in for a treat. Not just the race track but the town, Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen State Park, wine tasting and oh did I mention driving the Track in your MINI...three laps!!!! The same course that F1 ran in the 70's including the boot (dog ear). I know itís difficult to believe spring is just around the corner but this will be a Spring Treat you won't forget!!!

Details as posted to the Carlisle (PA) MINI club meet up site and the Central Maryland Meetup Site:

Here are the details for our meet up run to Watkins glen, NY on April 16th 2016
I picked this route because I thought it would be educational, fun, scenic, and a convenient way to meet up with our friends from Allentown,
The Camp Hill folks and Hershey folks will meet up at the Turkey Hill Mini Mart located at 10 West Hershey Park drive, Hershey, Pa 17033 at 7:30 AM then all will proceed to Mays, Drive-in Restaurants. The Allentown Folks will meet us at Mays Drive-in Restaurant located at 2105 West Centre St, Ashland, PA 17921. At 8:30 am. There we will have a brief discussion/ coffee/ breakfast or whatever you are into.
Then proceed along selected route our surprise sub-destination then on to Watkins glen, NY. There we will check in to our Hotels and meet back up for lunch and perhaps a quick jaunt up Seneca Lake to hit a few wineries, however many we feel up to after the drive up. Please bring your FRS/GMRS radios tuned to
channel 7 sub channel 21, full tank of gas, $25, admission to the drive on the racetrack, and your co-pilot for this event.

Watkins Glen details: http://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2015/Opening-Weekend.aspx

Carlisle MINI (for more details, discussion, or to RSVP): http://www.meetup.com/CarlisleMINI/events/222144901/?rv=ea1&_xtd=gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJDBlMjhlNGZkLTJkODEtNGY1Zi05ZGYzLTQ2Mjk4YzQ4ZDE 3MQ&_af=event&_af_eid=222144901&https=off

tScott
February 5th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Miles may convince me to take this trip!

MiniSaints
February 5th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Do it for Miles!

MINIFIED
February 16th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Do it for Miles!

What does this mean? Is Miles the name of your MINI TScott or are you trying to set some sort of mileage record?

(We're still deliberating between having a Friday night meetup in Hershey and heading to WG on Saturday AM vs going to WG on Friday to be able to spend an extra day .. if you pays your money you can go on the track (charity laps) both days ... )

tScott
February 16th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Miles is the name of my MINI. Sorry to confuse you.

MINIFIED
April 15th, 2016, 01:35 AM
Is anyone from THMMC going? There are several MINI clubs joining up with the Carlisle PA club for the drive Saturday AM to Watkins Glen and many planned activities in the area. The MINIs from across the northeast will get on the track at 1pm SUNDAY. MINI dealership after party at the historic Seneca Lodge on Sunday .. come on!!
PS Still have 2 reservations - one at Seneca Lodge, the other at hotel in Elmira; I'll give one up tomorrow but if anyone needs a place to stay, PM me before 3pm on Friday.

MINIFIED
April 18th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I didn't see any Tar Heel MINIs there .. but in a crowd of 206 MINIs it might be easy to miss .. had a great time. If you've never been, put it on your MINI bucket list ... here's a link to a story about this past weekend's event (didn't even touch on the other fun things to do in the area .. especially if you like visiting vineyards. Unfortunately the Gorge Trail through Watkins Glen State Park was not open for the season yet - though the other trails were) .. could not have asked for a better weather weekend!
http://www.twcnews.com/nys/binghamton/news/2016/04/17/record-setting-opening-weekend-at-watkins-glen-international.html

Quirky World of Q
May 3rd, 2016, 06:27 PM
I saw pictures pop up in my Facebook feed from friends that went. Looked wicked fun!