PDA

View Full Version : THMMC Caravan to MTTS - Atlanta

Quirky World of Q
March 17th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Planning to attend MINI Takes the States? Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club invites you to join us as we caravan to Atlanta!

We will leave from several points through out the state, and meet up for lunch at the Cracker Barrel in Gaffney, SC (I85 & Factory Shops Road ... Near the Peachoid!) at approximately NOON, and head on into Atlanta, ending at the host hotel in Buckhead in time for early registration!

Please note: the leaving points are subject to change depending on the number of MINIs gathering and the capacity at the location.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:

CARAVAN ONE:
RALEIGH AREA FOLKS
7:30am Gather. Leave at 8am sharp from ...
FLOW MINI RALEIGH
5600 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC

CARAVAN TWO
WINSTON-SALEM AREA FOLKS
9:00am Gather. Leave at 9:30am sharp from ...
FLOW MINI WINSTON-SALEM
2575 Peters Creek Pkwy
Winston-Salem, NC

CARAVAN THREE
CHAROTTE AREA FOLKS
10:30am Gather. Leave at 11am sharp from ...
HENDRICK MINI
7036 E. Independence Blvd
Charlotte, NC

Other Regional Areas TBD as interest warrants!!

Here's the same info is posted as a Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/196852094024652/

Versus
March 18th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Sounds fun, looking forward to hearing about it.

Quirky World of Q
March 19th, 2016, 12:49 PM
We are planning to kick off our MTTS Caravans from our Sponsors Flow MINI Raleigh, and Flow MINI Winston-Salem! THMMC is excited to partner with HENDRICK MINI in the Charlotte Area! We recognize that Hendrick has a small lot, how ever plan B for a meeting location is already in place. We will finalize all meeting points and departure times a couple weeks prior to the event.

MINIFIED
April 15th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Any Tar Heel MINI's going to CA? And if so, heard of any MINI transport options for the return? (Still working on my plans)

Cary Cooper
April 16th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Any Tar Heel MINI's going to CA? And if so, heard of any MINI transport options for the return? (Still working on my plans)

Yes; MD and I are going all the way to CA but then are turning north to Seattle where we will be arranging for a truck to ship Calico Jack back. You're going all the way? YAY!!!!

Quirky World of Q
May 19th, 2016, 05:54 PM
NOTE: we have changed the Cracker Barrel stop to the one by the outlet mall in Gafney, SC. For out of towers joining us, this is near the Giant Peach.

if you do not use Facebook, please post here if you plan to leave with us from one of the three dealerships. If you use Facebook, there's a poll on the event discussion. Please do not post in both places. :)

MINIFIED
May 20th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Won't be joining up until Monday AM in Richmond; see my THMMC brethren then! Have fun at the kickoff and points in between!

Quirky World of Q
June 23rd, 2016, 10:34 PM
We're in the home stretch and need to have some numbers to pass along to our dealership sponsors and partners.

If you are planning to start MTTS in one of our caravans from Flow MINI in Winston Salem, Flow MINI in Raleigh, or Hendrick MINI in Charlotte, please let us know by posting here or on our FB page poll ( or FB messenger). Please do not reply in both places. :)

head count us particularly important for those leaving from Raleigh, and MINI count for those leaving from Charlotte.

Thanks!!

Quirky World of Q
June 28th, 2016, 12:12 PM
caravan route from Raleigh:
Capital Blvd - 540 - 40 - 85. Rest stop is planned at the midway point (to Cracker Barrel) at the rest stop on I85 near exit 102 in Thomasville. We'll be running on channel 20/20.

We're going to hit traffic out of Raleigh. (Siiiiiiiigh)

After lunch it's 85 into ATL.