PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to the Triad (Piedmont) area

dotBob
October 28th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Hello!

The family and I just moved from Houston to Greensboro in September, managing to just barely avoid hurricanes Gustav and Ike, and only getting rained on from Hannah. We hope to meet some members at an activity soon.

We're loving the cooler weather, trees, and the twisties!

.bob

N2MINI
October 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Welcome, join in on a gathering when you can!!

Miniboomer
October 29th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Welcome to the fun. You just missed several cool events but don't worry, there will be more.

jcauseyfd
October 29th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the area! Look forward to meeting you!

X5JR
October 29th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Welcome, enjoy the Triad and the THMMC.
If you are in Greensboro, don't miss Giacomo's Italian Market (2 locations), The Fresh Market, Grassroots Garage in Thomasville for your MINI, NC Barbeque in Lexington (no beef), Furniture shopping in High Point, and the MINI gathering on Monday Night at Indigo's in Kernersville.

Sgt Pepper
October 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the club! Look forward to meeting you and your MINI at an upcoming event!

dotBob
October 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks, looking forward to meeting everyone! We went to Lexington for the BBQ festival this past weekend, but wished we could have made it to the Dragon. Hopefully next time at Indigo's - that's only a few miles from home. I'm sure I'll be at Grassroots Garage soon too, for some regular maintenance (and possibly water pump/super charger work).

minibugs
October 30th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the mini ZONE you will have FUN :yes4:......and away we GO.....:dance:

minimark
October 30th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Welcome to THE club!:smile:

Vango
October 30th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Welcome hope to see ya soon !!!

MidnightDave
October 30th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Another welcome and looking forward to motoring with you soon...

Teresa
October 30th, 2008, 07:18 PM
:meeting:Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and your MINI.

leicaguy
October 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Greetings and welcome. This group has members far and wide. There are a number of us in SW Virginia (about 2 hrs away). We try to join in as often as we can. Be sure to plan for the BRP tour next summer. It's a blast.

Red Dog
October 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
You will find the BBQ a bit different than TX :-)
I moved to Raleigh from Marshal 7 years ago and really enjoy it here....

dotBob
October 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Yes, the BBQ is definitely different here, but I like it. I was told by someone who had moved to Texas from the Carolinas that Texas BBQ was fine, except it used the wrong animal!

I'm only 31 miles from the Virginia border, so I'll have to drive on up soon. I'd like to try snow skiing for the first time this year.

X5JR
October 31st, 2008, 09:17 AM
http://www.onthesnow.com

http://www.highcountrywebcams.com/

NC Ski Country is a short drive from Greensboro, I-40 West to Hwy. 421 North, two hour drive.

I recommend you try to schedule your first experience in the middle of the week after a real snow. Man made snow can sometimes be a lesser experience. I am sure others will give you plenty of advice. My understanding the best skiing nearest you is in WV.

Max Headroom
October 31st, 2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the group and the area! THMMC puts on plenty of fun events, so we look forward to meeting you soon!

dotBob
March 14th, 2016, 12:51 AM
I finally did it - adopted another MINI. 2011 MCS Countryman, Chili Red all over with UJ mirror caps and black bonnet stripes. I stopped by quite a bit late to Flow MINI for the chicken stew (wow, that was good!), and got to hang out for a bit. Hope to see you all again on the 9th!

.bob
[ I have to change my sig now.. I think a good photo is in order. ]