PDA

View Full Version : MOTD - Who's Coming?

BlimeyCabrio
April 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM
OK Gang - just trying to get a handle on who's coming, when they're coming, and where they're going to be (Fontana cabin, lodge, or another site), plus any events you've signed up for. Please limit this thread to that stuff. There are other MOTD thread for other ramblings. :happy:

Blimey, Paul and Jack plan to arrive around 7pm on Thursday, and will leave Sunday AM early. We'll be in a Fontana cabin, but not sure which one yet. It'll have the Tar Heel MINIs banner on the porch and Blimey in the driveway.

I'm signed up for the Car Show on Friday afternoon and the Farewell Dinner on Saturday. May do the Dragon Parade, and will do either or both of Darness/Midnight on the Dragon.

N2MINI
April 18th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Kim and I will be there about lunch time on Thursday. Staying in a cabin with Van/Jenn and Bill/Steph.. Both Kim and I have a car for the Pinewood Derby Race on Sat. morning and may do the Dragon Parade on Friday morning just to see what kind of music CD Ziek has put together.. Other then those nothing really planned just kicking back...

wildcrazy442000
April 18th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Lodge for the whole time, going up Wednesday morning.

camthewookie
April 18th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Coming up Wednesday afternoon, will be there through Sunday. Staying in the Fontana Resort (room not cabin).

X5JR
April 18th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Ann Marie & I are coming down on Wednesday, expect to be there about 6 PM. We are staying in a cabin through Sunday. We have plans for Welcome Dinner, Farewell Dinner, watch the Pine Derby, maybe the movie, and Parade. Our grandson and son-in-law will join us Thurs or Fri evening. We may have to bring our dogs if we can't find a sitter.

Nascar Mini
April 18th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Wifey and i will be there around 1pm Thur afternoon,staying at Fontana Lodge this year for the first time.Planning to doing the dinner drive to Lynn's place in Robbinsville Thur eve.Way has invited everyone to his party Thur nite 8 ish at his tent,so i'll be there.Fri looks like the parade,car show and just chillin,possibily Cherhola drive. Sat morning the photo and eve heading east toward home. Hope to see everyone,will have radios on 20 / 20.
Bill

Flynscot0256
April 18th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I am thinking about coming up there the wee hours of Saturday morning I will stay with a friend in Knoxville that night and head back Sunday Morning then head on back to Salisbury,as it is kinda late for reservations. I have recently joined this club looking forward to meeting everyone.

Lil Blue Coop
April 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry all, due to a broken right hand and the looming AT&T strike, I have to back out. We do plan on attending in the fall.

Vango
April 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Kim and I will be there about lunch time on Thursday. Staying in a cabin with Van/Jenn and Bill/Steph.. Both Kim and I have a car for the Pinewood Derby Race on Sat. morning and may do the Dragon Parade on Friday morning just to see what kind of music CD Ziek has put together.. Other then those nothing really planned just kicking back...

Jennifer and I are leavin wed. afternoon stayin in cabin with Brian, Kim, Bill , Steph. at fontana will do dragon parade, nothing else planned just see what happens

TWISTER
April 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I'm staying w/ Sgt Pepper! I'll be up after work on Thursday. Please have your radio on so I can find someone!

colejd
April 20th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I plan on coming up Tuesday evening and am staying at the Microtel in Robbinsville until Saturday afternoon. I will be at the welcome dinner; having Dan put on a DDM works CAI on Wednesday morning (first things first!); Dinner Drive: Cherohala Skyway & Dinner at Tellico Lodge; and the Drive-in Movie. Plus numerous other unofficial drives!

wildcrazy442000
April 20th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I plan on coming up Tuesday evening and am staying at the Microtel in Robbinsville until Saturday afternoon. I will be at the welcome dinner; having Dan put on a DDM works CAI on Wednesday morning (first things first!); Dinner Drive: Cherohala Skyway & Dinner at Tellico Lodge; and the Drive-in Movie. Plus numerous other unofficial drives!

I thought the Tellico Lodge decided not to open for the season.

colejd
April 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
That's the Tapoco Lodge.

UN4G1VN
April 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM
We will be there, staying at Casa Van.

MOSKITO
April 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
I did not go last year because I got married that weekend:
http://amyandherbertswedding.blogspot.com and this time we are awaiting all kinds of furniture deliveries around that time. But who knows, maybe it all will be late.

TWISTER
April 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM
Beautiful wedding!

Paleo
April 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Mandy and I will be there Thursday! Staying in one of the cabins at Fontana with xUHOHx and company.

MINIGURU
April 24th, 2009, 12:46 AM
See you guys there, I get there on Tuesday.

MidnightDave
April 24th, 2009, 08:22 AM
<crying baby voice> I dohn--dohn--don't get to go...stewpid ol' bafroom remawdl!

wildcrazy442000
April 24th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Dave, What if I dressed as Wyatt Earp, I could come by and swear you in. Something about needing a Posse to catch some wascally wabbit.

Paleo
April 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Dave - Mandy is going to be so bummed that you are not going to be there. She wanted to show you her radio controlled GP.

Remodeling a bathroom? Just rent a port-a-potty for a few days, have them drop it off in the back yard and tell the wife you have an emergency to attent to up in the mountains!

BlimeyCabrio
April 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
... and Jack wanted to beat the crap outta you again...

MINIFIED
April 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Perhaps tho MNDave isn't attending we can expect his alter-ego to show up?? :ms_yeah:

Dale Williams
April 24th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Celeste & I plan to arrive Thursday AM, stay till Sunday.Staying in a cabin at Fontana.

x UHOH x
April 24th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Coming! I'll be there sometime Wednesday evening, and doing the cabin thing at Fontana with my co-pilot (brother is meeting me there - not a MINI person YET!), Paleo and mini-cohort (ha ha ha ha, mini) as well as another NAM friend. I wanted to do the parade and photo; my NAM friend has also set up some white water rafting if anybody's interested!

Scott111184
April 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I'm in +1. Won't get there until late Friday night but hopefully there will still be people up drinking and having a good time.

N2MINI
April 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'm in +1. Won't get there until late Friday night but hopefully there will still be people up drinking and having a good time.

We'll be there rocking it till the break of dawn... Well not really but we'll be there.. till atleast 11:00:ms_thumbsup:

orangecrush
April 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I was so looking forward to coming this year but I can't make it during the week and Friday I'm running the mini down at Roebling Road.

Unfortunately, I'll have to break in the new JCW. :sigh1:

:ms_thumbsup:

I hope ya'll have a safe and wonderful time.

Wish I could be there....

Mark

wildcrazy442000
April 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Going up Thursday, not Wednesday staying in a Fireplace room again.

Sgt Pepper
April 27th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Heading up Wednesday morning (caravan anyone?) and staying for the duration!! :yes2:

Sgt Pepper
April 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Oh, forgot to mention, lodge accomodations too! :yes4:

MINIFIED
April 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Going up Thursday, not Wednesday staying in a Fireplace room again.

W&C John, did you see this post?
http://tarheelminis.org/showthread.php?t=2351

MINIFIED
April 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Caravaning with the Triangle/Triad group on Thursday, ETA at Fontana ~ 7pm ...

Rib Run Friday AM, PPP (that's Paul Penny's Potluck), Beer Swap, photo on Saturday, maybe Derby car spectator, Farewell Dinner, not sure what else. If I get there in time for Bingo on Thursday night I not only intend to play, I intend to win :girl_wink:

Staying at Fontana Lodge and leaving Sunday *after* mid-morning breakfast at Deal's Gap (such fond memories from the fall!)

Reportedly I'll have the banner with me for signatures and donations, more details this weekend, but FIND ME, please, so we can continue to contribute to this cause!

X5JR
April 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
It appears we are in for some afternoon and evening showers, every day. I guess it will be best to do your driving in the morning. It may limit the number of motorcycles.

UN4G1VN
April 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
What time are you leaving Pepper?

Sgt Pepper
April 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
What time are you leaving Pepper?

I was hoping to leave early tomorrow morning, but right now my allergies are kicking my butt so I'm probably gonna cut my losses, grab a couple Benadryl and go to bed. I've still got a few things I've got to take care of so I'm probably looking at early afternoon-ish, but that's subject to change. What time were you planning to go wheels-up?

camthewookie
April 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I'm rolling about 2 PM from Charlotte, going to pick up 40 in Statesville. If we're on your route, we can caravan. Probably hit Statesville at about 2:30-2:45.

UN4G1VN
April 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I was hoping to leave early tomorrow morning, but right now my allergies are kicking my butt so I'm probably gonna cut my losses, grab a couple Benadryl and go to bed. I've still got a few things I've got to take care of so I'm probably looking at early afternoon-ish, but that's subject to change. What time were you planning to go wheels-up?

I would like to leave before lunch but I have a few things to take care of as well. Call me at 336-516-2152 later in the moring and we can discuss a plan.

heelsmini
April 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hi, we just got our MCS cabrio two weeks ago and last night I got clearance from my better half to drive down for Thursday evening through Friday afternoon! She doesn't understand my "crazy" desire to take our new joy/toy out onto some real roads and get to meet so many other MINI lovers. Anyway, with two young kids and not much chance to do stuff like this recently I don't think I can pass this adventure up! Looking forward to meeting you!

TWISTER
April 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM
please buy a set of walkie talkies and set them to 20/20 and find us while you're there. They need to have sub channels or privacy codes.

camthewookie
April 29th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Well, so much for wheels up at 2:00. We're having a security system put in the house today and they're running a little behind.

TWISTER
April 29th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I just found an old image of me in 2006 on 129 haulin' ***!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/144270664_b27b479a52.jpg

Scott111184
April 29th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I just found an old image of me in 2006 on 129 haulin' ***!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/144270664_b27b479a52.jpg

Awesome!

I have been wanting to get some good shots at the "Gravity Cavity" on Saturday. Is there a place to pull off the side of the road safely? If not I will have my friend drop me off and let him go through a couple times to get some shots of Small Fry. Whoever is still up Friday night when I get there we can all figure out a time and try to get a shot of every car attending from THMMC. :ms_thumbsup:

TWISTER
April 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'm going to be shooting a good part of Friday because of the weather
Find me and we'll head out together

Scott111184
April 29th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I'm going to be shooting a good part of Friday because of the weather
Find me and we'll head out together

Sounds good! :yes4:

N2MINI
April 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Let me know when and where ya'll will be shooting. I'd love some good shots!!!

MINIFIED
April 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Hi, we just got our MCS cabrio two weeks ago and last night I got clearance from my better half to drive down for Thursday evening through Friday afternoon! She doesn't understand my "crazy" desire to take our new joy/toy out onto some real roads and get to meet so many other MINI lovers. Anyway, with two young kids and not much chance to do stuff like this recently I don't think I can pass this adventure up! Looking forward to meeting you!

Hey Scott!

Glad to have you .. if you get this in time, just as an FYI, there is a Triangle contingent leaving Southpoint Mall about 1:15 on Thursday, should put us by the CH exit about 1:30 if that's about when you are heading out and you'd like to caravan ... we'll be picking up Twister Mark in W/S ..

If we don't catch you enroute, we'll see you there .. hopefully you can stay for some dinner etc. Friday night at Paul's cabin ..