PDA

View Full Version : Twitter???

BThayer23
July 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Why in the world do we have a Twitter account? Can someone explain this?

TWISTER
July 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yes I can
I created this account so that if anyone wants to twit a message to followers about anything special at any time they can. All you need to do is PM me and l'll give you the main account login info

BThayer23
July 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Isn't that what the forum is for, though? Twitter is micro-blogging, which as a one-way autocratic system is diametrically opposed to the completely democratic forum. I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Personally, I like to keep my life organized and compartmentalized, so I wouldn't want my friends on THMMC to see what I'm saying to my friends on Twitter. I'm not angry at anyone specifically, I'm just angry at this recent trend to start mixing and matching every single social networking device without regard to usefulness or privacy.

TWISTER
July 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
This account will have followers but not following anyone, so only updates posted via the main account will be shown. It's not mention to take away from posting here on the forum. It's meant to be used when you can't get online by normal means like when I'm on my iPhone without internet access

WINICooper
July 14th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I still do not understand Twitter, but I like that we reach out in as many ways as possible.

TWISTER
July 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I use Twitter for 2 things...
1 to update my Facebook status
1 to tell my Twitter friends whats going on with me.

BlimeyCabrio
July 14th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Personally, I like to keep my life organized and compartmentalized, so I wouldn't want my friends on THMMC to see what I'm saying to my friends on Twitter.

Lord knows you don't want your "normal" friends to meet your MINI friends... their heads would explode if they met ME.... :jester:

Then there's Barney... :sarcastic:

wildcrazy442000
July 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I thought I might get honorable mention on that one.

Teresa
July 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'll say one thing... this thread has provided me with more than a few chuckles today but Blimey's took it to the top!

Trafalger
July 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I enjoy my facebook and twitter account.

HerodsMINI
July 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I agree w/Teresa,,, & I'm still laughing.......

X5JR
July 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Too HIP for me, or is that expression telltale.

eheath49
July 14th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Too HIP for me, or is that expression telltale.

I'd say most of us know where you are coming from:ms_thumbsup:

gregd
July 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
This is truly funny. I remember similar comments about computers and email. Then came the "internet" and web browsers - same comments.

Where privacy is concerned - If you don't want everyone in the world reading it then don't get it near a computer.

BlimeyCabrio
July 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I thought I might get honorable mention on that one.

Goes without saying. So I didn't.

minimark
July 14th, 2009, 09:20 PM
.............:ponder: