PDA

View Full Version : SW Va Miniacs Monthly Meet and Greet

robertshill
July 16th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Last night, 7/15, three Roanoke area couples met for dinner at Annie Moore's Irish Pub. We decided to meet for dinner every second Wednesday of the month at a different restaurant each time. This would make it easier for some people who live in one direction or another outside of Roanoke to meet with us.

The August Miniacs Monthly Meet and Greet is scheduled for Wed. August 12 at Mama Maria's at 2025 West Main St. in Salem, VA. We will meet there at 5:30, but come when you can. For anyone coming from I-81 take exit 137, turn right onto Wildwood Road, and left onto West Main. It's just 384 feet on the left. We chose this side of the Roanoke area to make it a shorter distance for anyone living west of here. Next month we'll go to the other side of Roanoke.

Please let us know if you can attend so we can inform the restaurant if we get a large number. Hope to see you there! :meeting:

Beth and Bill (robertshill and leicaguy)
Ed and Candi (eheath49)
Bob and Karen (bobtwo)

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DAY TO THURS. AUG. 13.

CONFIRMED:
Bill/Beth
Tom/Karen
Ed/Candi
Greg/Julie
Ron/Sue
Dan/Joan
Wes/wife
Noah
Mac/Nancy
Heather

Anyone else?

wes.fenton
July 16th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry I didn't get to make it last night. Jess had to work, and I got stuck doing laundry and running errands all evening. We leave for a Missions trip to Mexico Saturday morning, so lots still to get together! Hope to make it next month!

eheath49
July 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Sorry I didn't get to make it last night. Jess had to work, and I got stuck doing laundry and running errands all evening. We leave for a Missions trip to Mexico Saturday morning, so lots still to get together! Hope to make it next month!

Wes, you need to get your priorties straight, Laundry!!! :agree: Just kidding, we would love to have you attend next time. You guys have a safe trip, hope to see you soon.

leicaguy
July 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
We decided to change the August Meet and Greet to Thursday Aug. 13 same time same place. Hope that helps anyone who can't make it Wednesdays.

See you there!
Beth (Mrs. Leicaguy AKA Robertshill)

maacodale
July 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Good to see the MINIacs come back! Not to mention another VA group to do runs with. Make sure ya keep track of our threads, we head out west three or four times a year. I know y'all have THMMC for support, but if ya ever need anything that HR MINI can help with, don't hesitate to shout.

leicaguy
July 25th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Good to see the MINIacs come back! Not to mention another VA group to do runs with. Make sure ya keep track of our threads, we head out west three or four times a year. I know y'all have THMMC for support, but if ya ever need anything that HR MINI can help with, don't hesitate to shout.

Thanks Dale. I'll keep an eye on your threads. It may also help to if you would shoot us a heads-up when something is brewing out this way. :happy-smiley:

Minifun
July 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Glad to see the Miniacs up and running in SW Va., you can count on Greg and Julie being there on the 13th!!

maacodale
July 25th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks Dale. I'll keep an eye on your threads. It may also help to if you would shoot us a heads-up when something is brewing out this way. :happy-smiley:

We'll be sure to do so! I look forward to venturing out your way for a get together soon!:happy-smiley:

Mosie21
July 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a great start to reviving the group. We'll be there.:yeah!:

Ron and Sue:ms_thumbsup:

jdavidson
July 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
We can't make the August meet because we'll be in Asheville, we'll make sure we're there for the next though!

bobtwo
July 27th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Karen & I have the time and place on our calenders, so w'll definitely be there.

Bobtwo

DanMan
July 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM
We're new to the group, but we will be at the August 13th get together.

Dan and Joan Dowdy
Roanoke

leicaguy
July 28th, 2009, 04:25 PM
We're new to the group, but we will be at the August 13th get together.

Dan and Joan Dowdy
Roanoke

Great! Glad to have you aboard. See you there. :ms_thumbsup:

wes.fenton
July 29th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Alright, got the 13th penciled in on the calendar. Bad timing last month with our Missions trip, but we'll try to make it on the 13th!

eheath49
July 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Wes
Good to see you made it back in one piece. it looks like interest is building in the area, I am also communicating with a couple of folks by email that are not members yet but plan on attending. I also saw a few new members join from your neck of the woods, Radford and C'Burg area. Looks like 12 -14 folks for the dinner so far .........anyone else??

mini cooper mini
July 30th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Can i join in on the group and come listen and eat with everyone? I have the needed pass to get me in the parking lot.

leicaguy
July 31st, 2009, 06:09 AM
Can i join in on the group and come listen and eat with everyone? I have the needed pass to get me in the parking lot.

:yes4: Yes, and welcome.

mini cooper mini
July 31st, 2009, 06:35 AM
thanks, it would be fun. Any thing i need to know before i come, like the club's song, be able to say the by-laws, or just come hungry?

robertshill
July 31st, 2009, 07:44 AM
You must write a song about your mini and sing it while dancing on the table....

See you soon!

Beth

robertshill
July 31st, 2009, 08:44 AM
Noah, are you really 88? :unsure:

mini cooper mini
July 31st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Dancing on the table.........

no, maybe 30 something?

robertshill
August 1st, 2009, 01:43 PM
Please let me know if you are attending and not yet on the confirmed list. Thanks!

Beth

ohbuga
August 1st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry but I am out of town that week, I hope I can make it next time.

Mac McDaniel
August 7th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Mac McDaniel and Nancy Slaughter from Salem will be there next Thur. night.

robertshill
August 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Mac McDaniel and Nancy Slaughter from Salem will be there next Thur. night.

:ms_thumbsup:

picasso30
August 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I would like to attend. I just found out about this. Is it too late?
Thanks,
Heather, a newbie :-)

robertshill
August 9th, 2009, 06:39 PM
It's never too late! See ya then!

mini cooper mini
August 9th, 2009, 10:39 PM
After driving on the parkway for most of the day, I took some pictures of my coop and just posted them in my gallery. It was a FUN day.

eheath49
August 11th, 2009, 12:10 PM
After driving on the parkway for most of the day, I took some pictures of my coop and just posted them in my gallery. It was a FUN day.
It's hard not to have fun behind the wheel of a MINI. :dance: Hope to meet you Thursday night.

robertshill
August 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I just called Mama Maria's to be sure they could handle twenty people only to get a recording they are closed for vacation until the 18th. Does anyone know of another restaurant close by that one that could handle the parking? If there is anyone who doesn't see this post or check email before then we'll need to have someone there to redirect people somewhere else. Oh, my! I'm in the middle of curriculum development work and am on a time crunch. Please help.

Beth

eheath49
August 11th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Ouch who'da thunk it, just our luck. Not first choices but I can think of a couple places close Shoney's and Famous A's I believe they can handle the group and parking. Other suggestion are more than welcome.

mini cooper mini
August 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
up to you all, but i am looking forward to seeing everyone

robertshill
August 11th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Bill called Famous Anthony's located at 1716 W. Main St. in Salem, VA. He has reserved a room for us, and they are expecting 20 people on Thursday starting at 5:30. See ya there!

Beth:victory:

eheath49
August 13th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Just to remind folks of change in meeting place and see if there is anymore interest. We may not be able to get there until closer to 6:00.

maacodale
August 13th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I plan on sneaking outta work early one of the days and making it out y'all way for dinner. It would be good to meet up with folks from that side of the state.

Of course if it were on a weekend it would be easier, but we all know how busy we are on those days.....

maacodale
August 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I plan on sneaking outta work early one of the days and making it out y'all way for dinner. It would be good to meet up with folks from that side of the state.

Of course if it were on a weekend it would be easier, but we all know how busy we are on those days.....

leicaguy
August 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM

Dale,

It would be great to have you come out for a dinner when possible. Also, we hope to get some weekend drives going ASAP. Stay tuned.

robertshill
August 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM
On my way to Salem for another errand I saw that Famous Anthony's isn't very far from Mama Maria's on the other side of the road. It's right next to Taco Bell.

Along Orange Ave. I saw another clubman! It's red with silver. Who was that?

See you soon.
Beth

leicaguy
August 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Great time tonight. Thanks to everyone who came out. We had 20+ people attend. A great success! Stay tuned for details on next months dinner and upcoming events.

chiliredr56
August 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah Bill , we agree . It was a great time and lots of fun seeing everyone . I look forward to our next event .

eheath49
August 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
It was definitely a suprise when I pulled in the lot, late of course, to see all the MINIs. It was great seeing everyone and meeting new friends.
Brenda sorry once again for the soda bath, I hope you or the the purse weren't too sticky on the way home, next time I'll have a beer instead. :laugh:

mini cooper mini
August 15th, 2009, 01:28 AM
I too had a GREAT time, even at my age. Maybe one day i will be able to get up on the table and do my little jig? Thanks for the fun time.

picasso30
August 15th, 2009, 11:53 PM
It was great meeting everyone. I probably won't be able to attend too many week day events due to my class schedule this semester, but I will try to keep an eye out for weekend drives and/or events. I'm definitely up for the Dragon in October!

mini cooper mini
August 15th, 2009, 11:55 PM
when is the tail ride in October?