PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte event ideas.

Trafalger
July 17th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ok folks...we need to get the Charlotte area going ...

Does anyone in this area have any event suggestions that we could be doing.

Please reply here with anything you might have.

Trafalger
July 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I'll start the brainstorming off...

I would love to meet one day at Six Pence English Pub in Baxter and have dinner on their roof. It's a great view and good english food as well...that fits well with the mini theme.

Trafalger
July 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
If you guys would like to do a little bit of a nicer evening out I'm friends with the owners at http://www.passion8bistro.com/ and I'm sure we could work out something special for an evening out with the minis :)

They love to prepare special foods for groups. They are a little on the expensive side tho so we would have to gage interest in that one first...but back in March I did an 8 as in EIGHT course chef's tasting that was incredible. It was a great evening that took about 3 good hours to eat all the food!

wildcrazy442000
July 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'm kinda low budget right now, but English or Irish pubs sound great.

Trafalger
July 17th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well I spoke to my friends and their going to try to see if they can work us out a menu of several choices for a nice round number of around 30$ a person. For 3 courses.

If it was around 30$ a person and you got to choose from a couple choices would that be ok with you guys or would you rather try somewhere else. I need lots of feedback here people...:yeah!:

Trafalger
July 17th, 2009, 05:15 PM
That's probably a better idea...if you guys could let me know what your budgets are and/or what price range you guys would be comfortable with I can plan better.

WINICooper
July 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I like the pub idea, just make sure there is a spot where we can park. I am free next weekend. Let me know, I am in.

Lil Blue Coop
July 18th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Monthly meeting at a Pub sound good to us. Please avoid Tuesday. There is a new Irish restaurant in south Charlotte being built.

wildcrazy442000
July 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
There is a Irish Pub at Birkdale village exit 28 Huntersville as well the "Galway Hooker". We could move it around.

Trafalger
July 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I spoke to Six Pence and they would love to have us come down...I'll post the info in a new thread but would you guys want to try them out next saturday?

They could easily sit 20 people together and if we didn't mind spreading out between the bar, patio and roof we could fit 60!

wildcrazy442000
July 18th, 2009, 03:51 PM
That's great

Lil Blue Coop
July 18th, 2009, 06:20 PM
There is a Irish Pub at Birkdale village exit 28 Huntersville as well the "Galway Hooker". We could move it around.

Sounds good.

I spoke to Six Pence and they would love to have us come down...I'll post the info in a new thread but would you guys want to try them out next saturday?

Count us in Joseph. You may want to start a new post to help get a good count. What time? Meet around 5:30, chat for a while the dinner. Thanks.

WINICooper
July 19th, 2009, 12:22 AM

Great Place!

We are likely in for Saturday.

TWISTER
October 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Set dates and gather. Its the only way it will get going. If I can make it down I will

N2MINI
October 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Second that. Look at the calender and pick an open evening,set a date and time.. Most people will post if they are coming but up here we sometimes have people read the forum but don't post and will show up from time to time.. If it is on a weekend evening the wife and I may be able to come down.. Price/place, something with a range of prices and food choices. $8 sandwich/burger up toooo Filet Migon etc..

Flynscot0256
October 28th, 2009, 04:02 PM

They could easily sit 20 people together and if we didn't mind spreading out between the bar, patio and roof we could fit 60!
This place sounds good let us know what the plan is

kelsey ellen
October 28th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Dan and I are always down for a meet :) Keep us posted!

wildcrazy442000
October 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I liked Six Pence pub, I did not like the $50 tab for two Fish and Chips, and three beers, plus tip.

whitfar
October 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Some ideas for great food and good parking:

Azteca - Mexican Food and Friday night Mariachi Band

Elizabeth Creamery - Ice Cream

Amelie's French Bakery - Amazing pastries and sandwiches/soups, coffee

Hawthorne's NY Pizza

Caffeine Highway - This coffee stop has some of the most innovative coffee/espresso/smoothies I have heard of!

Mac's Speed Shop - Burgers and BBQ

Zada Jane's - Healthy Grub

Thoughts??

whitfar
October 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
PS All of those mentioned above are in the Charlotte Area... :)

Lil Blue Coop
October 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
OK, lets decide on a day for a monthly meeting and get started. Weekday or weekend? We can move the dinner spot depending interest or keep the same spot. We're ready.

SilverBullet
January 16th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I am for meeting down in Charlotte once a month. My biggest problem is two jobs.....so my schedule isn't as free as I would like. Wednesday Nights I will always have off, also Sundays. If we were looking in the middle of the city there are some nice restaurants around the N. Tryon, a nice Sushi place, I think called Nix's? I've only been uptown a few months now so I am not as well versed in the area yet. The University Area does have a lot of bars, I like the Flying Saucer on Monday's for pint night. Where it is like $2.75 pints and they have a ton of beer. There is also another nice all you can eat sushi bar called Bento. It's like $11-12 including a drink, but I'm not sure if they serve anything other than soda. Never the less, I would like to meet everyone in the Charlotte area, make some more friends down there. :)

I may also be a few months behind on this post ;)

whitfar
January 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Sundays would be best for Dan and I....

SilverBullet
January 18th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Well if anyone would like to try for a date either on 1/24 or 1/31.....let's pick a spot and go. I would like to meet everyone around the area.

whitfar
January 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Dan and I could meet this Sunday 1/24. How about lunch at Mac's Speed Shop in South End. This place has good food (pulled pork, hot wings etc), lots of parking. Their website is macspeedshop.com if you want to check out location (south end) and menu.

Any one in?? We could meet Sunday at 12:30 p.m...

SilverBullet
January 18th, 2010, 11:28 PM
As of right now I wouldn't mind joining, my Sunday looks open. I've never been down to Mac's either so it would be a nice experience.

Lil Blue Coop
January 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I am out of service for a while. Had cancer surgery last week and had the lower lobe on the right side lung removed. I will be slow moving for a while. Hope to be out and about mid to the end of Feb.

wildcrazy442000
January 19th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I am out of service for a while. Had cancer surgery last week and had the lower lobe on the right side lung removed. I will be slow moving for a while. Hope to be out and about mid to the end of Feb.

Hope you get to feeling better Don. When your ready to go out to eat, with a bunch of crazies let us know.

whitfar
January 19th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I hope the recovery is going well! Let me know if you need a Mini friend in Charlotte to help out at all!

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Oh I forgot to mention... Sunday is 1/2 off wings all day :)

SilverBullet
January 23rd, 2010, 01:48 PM
I am still planning on coming if anyone else is going. :) If so let me know how to get in touch.

whitfar
January 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
I am still planning on coming if anyone else is going. :) If so let me know how to get in touch.

Dan and I will be there. There will be a Blue Mini Cooper and a Silver Cooper S parked next to eachother in the parking lot. We will try to get there a little early so we can meet up outside by our cars : ) they will be easy to spot !

whitfar
January 23rd, 2010, 10:21 PM
Dan and I will be there. There will be a Blue Mini Cooper and a Silver Cooper S parked next to eachother in the parking lot. We will try to get there a little early so we can meet up outside by our cars : ) they will be easy to spot !

Hey sorry for the late notice but Dan and I wont be able to make it tomorrow. He just got called into work last minute.

We will reschedule - hang tight

SilverBullet
January 23rd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up, hope work goes well!

MidnightDave
January 24th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Don, wishing you a speedy recovery. Whitney and crew, I'll jump in and join you if MINICHI's not sold by the time you have the meet...will watch here, and thanks for organizing!

Girliebird
May 2nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Anything happening in Charlotte this year? Brickhouse Tavern in Davidson is a great spot. They also have a great area for parking.

Girliebird
May 7th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I live in Concord, NC. Another suggestion is Thunder Saloon off of I-85 and the Speedway is cool spot. Mini's and motorbikes! Yeah! hehehe

Hello, is there anybody out there in Concord or Charlotte? Been hearing crickets!

Black and bruised
May 10th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I'm kind of wondering the same thing I see minis all over the place and saw a group at Buffalo Wild wings once. But other than that I feel kinda lonely.

Girliebird
May 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
If it was recent, it might have been me! I live close to BWW. It's our local watering hole. Beer and Trivia! I've looked into Mini Motoring Club of the Carolina's. They do meet regularly. Members pay dues. You can't read their threads unless you are a member. From what I can see, their site is nothing like THMMC. I really like this club and laugh so hard reading the threads. My kinda people. I feel at home. I just wish we could get something going in the CLT area. If I can ever stop working long enough to have fun, I'd like to get together with the Raleigh group. Just too far away right now. Just found out I have to work the weekend of the British car show in Concord. Some how and some way, I'm going to still make it to that show!!!

Girliebird
May 10th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Correction, you can read their threads, you just can't post. Not as much recent activity as I first though. Hmmmmm

Black and bruised
May 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Well we should just start it ourselves and let it build from there. Maybe Tuesday's somewhere.

Girliebird
May 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hey! Look at the Meet and Eat Survey. Looks like it was even mentioned about getting together with THMMC! http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/mini-motoring-club-of-the-carolinas-m2c2-45/

Girliebird
May 10th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Anyone else from the Charlotte area interested in getting together? We have 2 so far! lol

Girliebird
May 28th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Aaron, look at the other CLT meeting thread. We have some more interest in a meeting! Hope you can join us!

Thanks! Mel

Black and bruised
May 28th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Ok I'll check it out. I've been pretty busy but would love to go to a get togeather.