PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin DBS Volante Test Drive

Max Headroom
September 3rd, 2009, 07:07 AM
On August 26th a coworker friend of mine named Derrick and I were privileged to be invited to test drive the new Aston Martin DBS Volante at Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro, NC. Both of us got at least 20 minutes each behind the wheel, and I must say it was an absolutely thrilling experience! Unfortunately they only had the paddle shift version there (I really would like to drive the manual version one day), but the car is a magnificent GT car with loads of power from the 510hp V-12 and the sound it makes at full chat is incredible! It's a stunner to look at, and the handling is precise and well balanced. Although the chassis is 25% less stiff than coupe version, I never noticed any hint of flexing or bonnet shudder. The massive power of the car is easily controllable, and in my opinion the DBS Volante and its coupe variant are probably the two best GT cruisers in the world currently. Yes, I want one. Badly. Now where's that lottery ticket.......

And I will take this opportunity to head off one comment I know is sure to come my way. Yes Kiwigould, Derrick and I suck. :yeah!:

Gary

tjwoodson1
September 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Drooll...

kiwigould
September 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
It is true I am very jealous, Glad you guys got to experience it though looks like an awesome car.

BlimeyCabrio
September 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, I want one. Badly. Now where's that lottery ticket.......
Gary

You and me both, brother.