PDA

View Full Version : It's been a real pleasure, and honor. This is a great club, no, family.

1QukMINI
January 13th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Some of you know, others don't, but I have accepted a job in Atlanta with a much larger coffee company, and April and I will be moving in a couple of weeks. I wanted to write to say how much I've appreciated this club, it's members, and Mark for heading it all up. It's been like family for us to have a place to go that wasn't centered around kids. A place we could go and just have fun, forget about the stress of the week, and enjoy this little car we've come to love.

Over the year we've attended functions, gatherings, runs, and the like, and have always felt welcome and appreciated, which was not the case with the other club around town. We do this on our own, in our spare time, and in hopes of avoiding drama, not to participate in it, backstab people, etc. And we've never found that in this club. This is a great group of people from lots of different backgrounds, and we've appreciated all we've met. Yes, even that guy that works for the big green monster, even if I can't stand his company.

So, thanks. We'll miss you guys, even if this past year has been incredibly busy for us, and we've not been able to be as active as we've wanted to be. I really hope our legacy will be MSSD, and what it stands for. The car, the comraderie, and the community, not to mention the beautiful fall leaves and the amazing road I will soon be that much closer to. :yes4: I wish you all the best, until the next time we see you on the road.
love,
jason and april.

TWISTER
January 13th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks Jason & April, you are both world class!

minimark
January 13th, 2010, 11:49 PM
You will be missed around here, but hey, Atlanta ain't that far so I'll just say good luck instead of goodbye... MSSD was/is genious and still some of the best times I've had with my Mini on!!! Hope to see you there Jason!

Mark

PS: Still say they looked like Daffodil's........LOL

N2MINI
January 14th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Glad I got to know ya'll over the past couple of years and I'm sure we'll see ya from time to time, maybe at the next MSSD!!!!

Vango
January 14th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Good luck Jason It was good to get to know you and I hope youll stop by an event from time to time. I wish you much success filled with Peace Love and Joy ! God Bless you and April

1QukMINI
January 14th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks guys. Really.

MINIFIED
January 14th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Good luck to you both, it's been a pleasure. And as long as you are keeping Wallace -- no reference in your post otherwise -- be sure and connect with the good folks from the ATL MINI -- met some at Helenblitz last year and then they joined us for BRP and MSSD; where there are MINI enthusiasts, there are automatic friends. (And iirc there's been some THMMC talk of a trip to Savannah this year, no reason that can't extend to our MINI friends of the ATL affiliate .. )

PS regarding MINI of the big green monster, perhaps you get a different personalized plate in GA, though I'm sure it's a conversation starter! :-) :-) :-)

1QukMINI
January 14th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I shall certainly look them up. Thanks for the kind words Susan! You will definitely see me again, there's no way I would get rid of my dear Wallace!

(And my goal is to attempt to get the same plate. I have to keep it real and true for me. This is only my opinion based on what I know to be true, again, I see Starbucks from a different angle than consumers get to see. "Hey, there's this really fast hamburger place that's really convenient to my work, right on the way. I stop there everyday. The burgers aren't great, but I know what I'm going to get a consistent mediocre burger everytime. It's called McDonalds." "Hey there's this really fast coffee place that's really convenient to my work, right on the way. I stop there everyday. The coffee's not great, but I know I'm going to get a consistent mediocre drink everytime. It's called Starbucks."

(Sorry, I didn't mean to get started, I'm having a hectic day. I have no ill will against Chuck, he's a person, Starbucks is a company. God loves both of us just the same, I'm sure.)

Nascar Mini
January 15th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Good luck to you and April, take care of yourselves and of course Wallace,you know i'm partial to Indi Blue!
See ya!
Bill

wildcrazy442000
January 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Take care, Jason and April. Hope to see you again soon.

WINICooper
January 15th, 2010, 05:37 PM
It has been great to know you! I will see you later, not goodbye. Be well.