PDA

View Full Version : "go to first new post" button

leicaguy
February 9th, 2010, 07:56 AM
The "go to first new post" button that is in front of the thread titles doesn't work for me. It takes me to the last page of posts but always at the top of the page. The last software would take me directly to the first new post since my last visit. With this I have to browse the page for where I "left off". Not a big deal but is it my browser or is that the way it works now?

jcauseyfd
February 9th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I have the same problem.

TWISTER
February 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
you're going to have to show me with screen shots, Sorry I just don't understand what to fix

leicaguy
February 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM
you're going to have to show me with screen shots, Sorry I just don't understand what to fix

I'm not sure I know how to do that. Can you show him Jeff?

jcauseyfd
February 9th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Mark,

From one of the search pages (I usually use "What's New" or "New Posts"), you get a list of posts that have something new since the last time you checked. These are indicated with the little red button as shown below:

When you click on that, it takes you to the top of the thread (in a longer thread, it may take you to the top of the last page, but it is always the top of the page) as shown below:

In the past (and what the button indicates), it would take you to the first unread post in the thread. So in this case, it would have come up already scrolled down to the third post as shown below:

Hope this explains it. Sorry about the pic sizes. Haven't really figured out the whole pic posting thing with the new software here. If needed, I can send you larger versions.

jcauseyfd
February 9th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Oh, just fyi, when you use the button and it takes you to the top, there is a link for "View First Unread" right next to Thread Tools. That will then jump you down. I find it annoying as it requires a second click.

TWISTER
February 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM
That does explain it well. I'll have a look into it this week
Thanks for providing input on how you want this site to react. So many features that I don't know about

TWISTER
February 9th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Well I searched all over vbulletin.org for a fix and/or others having the same issue and found nothing. I'll look more but it might just be a bug in this version that VB is working on. They are about to release vers 4.0.2 this week and I'll update ASAP.

TWISTER
March 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
The quick links pull down has some new features added to it. I hope this helps everyone