PDA

View Full Version : 6/2/2012 - Back of the Dragon Day

jcauseyfd
January 22nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Just saw a tweet announcing another BOTD day will be held on June 2nd. Creating this placeholder in case someone is interested in setting up something for the club to participate.

jcauseyfd
May 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Got the following message via e-mail today. Been a couple weeks since I checked the BOTD site, but doubt they have anything more there. Not sure whether any one is planning to attend. I probably will not as I hope to hit the BOTD later this summer as part of another event.

Please come join us to ride and drive 32 miles of the most challenging black top you will ride or drive in the southeast U.S. From moments of focused concentration, to moments of sheer beauty as you approach the overlooks (bring your camera). With mountain ranges in the distance and Dragon’s breath on the valley floor, you will feel the thrill of becoming a Dragon Master!

For the first time the gateways to the "Back of the Dragon", Tazewell and Marion VA, will celebrate “Back of the Dragon Day” in downtown areas on the same day. Festivities will include live music, bike shows, car shows, motorcycle and car company displays, and vendors. In addition, Tazewell will play host to three time national stunt champion, Bill Dixon. Bill will be on hand to perform for the crowd and celebrate the day with us. Another first this year is commemorative passports to mark the event. Be sure and pick up yours up at the Back of the Dragon Tent in either town.

There will be plenty of food and beverages from local restaurants and food vendors. As well as area car and motorcycle dealership representatives on hand with beautiful machines designed to enjoy the Back of the Dragon. The schedule of events for June 2nd is below.

Bike and Car Show Registration - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Opening Ceremonies – 10:00 AM
Bill Dixon Stunt Riding Exhibition – 10:45 AM, 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM
Trophies Presentation - 2:00 PM

As always, attendance to the event is free and we hope you spend the day in each town enjoying the ride and fellowship with our brothers and sisters in the bike and sports car community.

Ride Safe,
The staff of BackOfTheDragon.com