PDA

View Full Version : MINIpalooza Cookout Items Needed...

colejd
August 6th, 2012, 09:30 PM
We will be having a club cookout after the MINIPalooza run on Saturday the 15th of September. We would like to get some commitments for cookout food and items that the attendees might bring. Please respond to this posting with the items you will be bringing. Note: there may be upwards of 80 to 100 people attending so some items can have more than one person assigned to them.

Items in BOLD are taken care of

Entree
Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Veggie Burgers and Buns Provided by the Club

Condiments:
Mustard (2 Large needed): Jill Flinchum
Ketchup (2 Large needed): Jill Flinchum
Mayo (2 Large needed): Jill Flinchum
Onions: Phillip Diaz
Tomatoes: Rick Byrum
Lettuce: Rick Byrum
Salt/Pepper: Scott Newman
Cole Slaw: Melanie Campbell-Saunders
American Cheese: Rick Byrum
Pickles: Steve Jenkins
Hotdog Chili: Phillip Diaz

Side Dishes
Deviled Eggs: Ron & Carol Phillips
Corn Bread: Jeff & Sherry Goodman
Raw veggies: Melanie Campbell-Saunders

Snacks/Munchies
Chips: Tonya McKinley, Jesse Haynes, Scott Newman, Janice Willmott

Desserts
Brownies: Kathy Pierce
Unknown dessert:Tonya McKinley - Upside down German Chocolate Cake
Cake and Cookies: Jim and Sheroyn McCormac

Beverages
Ice/Coolers: Bryan Wagoner
Ice Tea: Janice Willmott
Sodas: Jesse Haynes, Kathy Pierce, Steve Jenkins (need one more attendee to help with this item)
Water: Bryan Wagoner

Paper Products/Utensils/etc
Plates: Marvin Fordham
Napkins: Marvin Fordham
Eating Utensils: Steve/Jacky Hallenbeck
Cups: Steve Jenkins
Aluminum Foil: Steve Jenkins
Charcoal: Barbara Richards
Charcoal lighter fluid: Barbara Richards
Matches: Mark and Carol Soucie
Trash bags: Marvin Fordham
Grill tools: Mark and Carol Soucie
Table cloths: Roger & Donna Quiring
Tents (shelters): Borrowed a 12' x 12' expandable awning from Flow MINI of Raleigh. Might need 1 or 2 more shelters. The Shelton Vineyard's is providing the tables for the event. Note: the borrowed awning is being held by Drew Markey at Flow MINI of Winston-Salem. Someone attending locally needs to coordinate picking it up from Drew on Saturday the 15th and handing it off to some member from the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area after the cookout. We can then get it back to Flow MINI of Raleigh at some point.

N2MINI
August 7th, 2012, 06:27 AM
We usually bring, ice, cooler, waters, and will see what else might be needed as it gets closer.. Keep in mind we usually have upwards of 75-90 people or so, so might need more then 1 person signing up for certain items...

VaMini
August 7th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I'll bring Ketchup, mustard and mayo. I'll probably bring some veggies, too. It will be my first MINIpalooza and I'm excited!!

MFordham
August 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Count on us for Plates, Napkins and Trash Bags

BetaMini
August 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I'll bring some chips.

I can bring some pop too (I guess you can put that under soda).

DukeRN
August 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Will bring brownies and soda

sjenkin3
August 10th, 2012, 02:25 PM
We will bring sodas, Cups, Aluminum Foil and Pickles

tScott
August 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Put me down for Salt, Pepper and chips.

Zippy/Zoey
August 12th, 2012, 01:14 PM
We will bring the eating utensils

MACS MINI
August 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Jim and Sheroyn will bring cake and cookies

Girliebird
August 19th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'll bring slaw and raw veggies.

Boomeroo
August 19th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Mark and Carol will bring the grill tools and matches.

rum4
August 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM
We will bring cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.

DUKI
August 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
We will bring 18lb bag of charcoal and lighter fluid

NuClubbie2me
August 30th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Will bring Ice Tea and Chips

T10
August 31st, 2012, 08:10 PM
I'll bring the Hot Dog Chili and the Onions.

cphillips007
September 3rd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Ron and I will bring some deviled eggs.

Hawkbit
September 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM
We got the cornbread - Jeff & Sherry Goodman

MINI Rog
September 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM
We will bring table cloths

N2MINI
September 10th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'll be picking up the canopy from Flow MINI W-S to bring, just need someone to carry it back, to the Chapel Hill/Raleigh area so they or someone else can then get it to Flow MINI Raleigh..

I'm not sure who is bringing the clubs burger/hot dogs, or anyone else who is bringing charcoal, cooking utensils,plates, napkins and the such we will need these items there early to start cooking before the first run group gets there.. So if you are coming straight to the vineyard please try to be there about 11:30 and the earlier the better. There are wine tastings and tours you can go on while waiting around.. If you plan to be on the drive that morning we need to pick it up from you to take it on over there for you... I plan to meet at the Drive Starting point to carry stuff for those going on the drive and hopefully a few others will also as by the time I pick up the canopy from Flow MINI, and carry a table, chairs, cooler,ice,waters I won't have much room left to be carrying anything else over in my cabrio...
See everyone there!!!! :dance:

MellowG
September 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
What are you most in need of for the cookout at this point?

N2MINI
September 11th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Maybe a couple of "Dollar Tree" tin pans to put burgers/dogs in as they are cooked. Not sure who all is bringing a table, ( I am ) and hope that the Vineyard has a couple we can use as well, but if you have a small one we can probably use it.. and or anything else you see that we might need more of, and if we don't use it you can take it back home with you.. Drinks, waters, cookies, etc...

colejd
September 11th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Maybe a couple of "Dollar Tree" tin pans to put burgers/dogs in as they are cooked. Not sure who all is bringing a table, ( I am ) and hope that the Vineyard has a couple we can use as well, but if you have a small one we can probably use it.. and or anything else you see that we might need more of, and if we don't use it you can take it back home with you.. Drinks, waters, cookies, etc...

Shelton Vineyards supplied the serving tables last year and should again.

N2MINI
September 11th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Good. I know a few of us brought tables last year as we needed them.. I'll have mine ( small table ) to use to handout the event T-shirts, and whoever is selling the club merchandise will need one as well.. so that we are not crammed in with the food tables like last year..

N2MINI
September 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM
ok, talked with Bob Bain at Flow today- and he is going to bring the canopy with him and even said that they are always sending stuff/cars to the Raleigh dealership that if we wanted he could get it to him for us!!!
He is going to be there early to set up a car/countryman for dislay.

MellowG
September 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I have a small table that should fit in the MINI! :concern: If it's needed I can gladly bring it... I'll grab some tins... let me know if you need anything else! Looking forward to meeting everyone! First Timer to an event like this!

colejd
September 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I spoke to the Shelton Vineyards manager and let him know the numbers of people attending and that the vineyards and confirming that they will be supplying 2 charcoal grills and 2 tables for the food.

jcauseyfd
September 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Just fyi, I have all the burgers, hotdogs, and buns. Will need to transfer them to someone at the starting point of the drive so I can lead that.

DUKI
September 13th, 2012, 04:39 AM
My husband will be my passenger/navigator/human GPS. But I didn't see a place to "register" him. Is this a problem? This is my first time at this sort of thing and didn't think of it until now. I have an 18 lb bag of charcoal that I am bringing (with lighter fluid and matches), but didn't see that anyone else is bringing any. Will this be enough?Do I need to get more? Can't wait to meet everybody! Am hoping that my little one will have his DUKI personalized plate by the weekend.....waiting ....waiting...for the DMV!

colejd
September 13th, 2012, 07:04 AM
My husband will be my passenger/navigator/human GPS. But I didn't see a place to "register" him. Is this a problem? This is my first time at this sort of thing and didn't think of it until now. I have an 18 lb bag of charcoal that I am bringing (with lighter fluid and matches), but didn't see that anyone else is bringing any. Will this be enough?Do I need to get more? Can't wait to meet everybody! Am hoping that my little one will have his DUKI personalized plate by the weekend.....waiting ....waiting...for the DMV!

It wouldn't hurt if you would bring 2 bags of charcoal of that size as the cooks will be cooking for over 100 people. Speaking of the number of people, no, you do not need to register your passenger. A note though; your items are essential for the cookout so make sure they are transferred to someone taking a more direct route to the vineyard so the cooking can start before the drivers arrive.

DUKI
September 13th, 2012, 07:32 AM
You bet! I'll get another bag and let someone know as soon as we arrive that we have the charcoal. Thanks!

VaMini
September 13th, 2012, 03:38 PM
What time is the cookout? I thought it was around 2, but now have no idea how I got that idea. I'm coming from VA and not joining in on the ride.

jcauseyfd
September 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
What time is the cookout? I thought it was around 2, but now have no idea how I got that idea. I'm coming from VA and not joining in on the ride.

Quite possibly from the MINIpalooza (http://minipalooza.net) web site where it says the drive will be followed by a cookout at about 2:00 pm.

It would be great if you could intercept us when we cross the I-77 area on the BRP (should be around Fancy Gap). You know your MINI wants to get in some of the twisties!!! :encouragement:

VaMini
September 14th, 2012, 11:32 AM
OK I knew I had seen it somewhere! I'll probably be coming down 52, down the mountain, love the twisties there!!

saunookeharold
September 14th, 2012, 04:29 PM
:thank_you:I will bring coke products>

N2MINI
September 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I'd like to thank the FEW people that volunteered to help lead/run the morning drive, and the ones that set up, cooked, handled the club merchandise/Event t-shirts, and then cleaned it all up!! Also a big thanks to Bob from Flow for helping, and bringing the 2 canopys!!! and of course Shelton Vineyards for having us.