PDA

View Full Version : MINIpalooza route files

jcauseyfd
August 19th, 2012, 04:27 PM
The MINIpalooza 2012 gpx file of the route and a printable route sheet are now available on the MINIpalooza web site. Visit the Run page (http://minipalooza.net/run/) to download.

NuClubbie2me
September 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
are there any designated stops along the run for anyone that needs to catch up with the group? Thanks.

jcauseyfd
September 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Janice,

I'll try to take a look at the routes some time in the next couple nights (been a while since I've reviewed them). I'm not sure there are any stops per se. Typically the best option is to get in a position somewhere along the route to be able to intercept. I'll see what I can figure out on approximate times.

jcauseyfd
September 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Janice,

As best I can tell, the following places may be decent spots to intercept. Kind of hard for me to tell as my GPS says the route is only three hours instead of the four hours my computer software says. See, the GPS adjusts for my driving style/speed if that tells you anything. :shame: We won't be going that fast on this run though.

Westfield Baptist Church (east of Mt. Airy) - should pass by there around 10:45-ish.

Rap's Orchard Gap - should pass by there about 11:15 - 11:30-ish. May stop here for a quick break.

Blue Ridge Music Center - around 12:00. Probably take a break here.

After the BRMC, rest of the run will probably be done without any stops.

NuClubbie2me
September 12th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Jeff, this is great! May see everyone along the way but if not, looking forward to the Shelton Vineyard get-together.
Thanks again - Janice and Dave