PDA

View Full Version : HR MINIS Fall Colours Run October 5th-7th

MINIFIED
September 21st, 2012, 08:39 PM
I posted this event last year and there was minimal interest from NC, though this event is run in the mountains in western VA every year for 9 years now and I have been for the last 3 .. it is a lot of fun, well organized, different roads every year, reasonably priced, and not that far from most points in NC .. the details below are copied and pasted from the HRMINIs website (http://www.hrmini.com/index.php) and though there's no room at the Inn, the Montvallee hotel is owned and run by the same people, is right across the street, and everyone still dines and socializes together ... if you've never been it's definitely worth going! There will be a couple of us caravaning from NC though not sure exactly a departure time yet (there's a group of ladies from Hampton Roads who leave Friday AM and hit *5* vineyards along the way!)

There are other events happening in Monterey VA that weekend, too:

The Hands & Harvest Festival in the Monterey area (entertainment and food vendors), Cass Harvest Day and Huntersville Traditions Day (Route 39 just outside of Marlinton towards Minnehaha Springs) are on October 6.

Here are some photos from prior years:
http://www.hrmini.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,32/topic,4718.0/

For more details or to RSVP do so at HR MINIs

9th Annual Fall Colors Run
Friday:
Afternoon-Evening-Arrive at the Highland Inn.
Dinner on your own at The Inn, High's or the Mountain Hideaway.

Saturday:
Breakfast on your own
8:15 Drivers meeting
8:30 Saturdays drive starts
9:30 Quick photo op at Cass railroad
10:15 Coffee Break/photo op at Starbucks in Snowshoe
11:30 ish Lunch in Marlinton, WV (determined but secret)
3:00 arrive back at the Inn
Take in the Hands & Harvest festival before dinner
7PM Dinner at the Inn (probably in the Black Sheep Tavern again)
Hanging on the porch until 11PM. (Hopefully we can get the
10 PM curfew lifted)

Sunday:
Breakfast on your own
Drivers meeting at 8:30
Sunday drive starts 9:00
Stop for photo ops along the way north.
1:00 Winchester and the Marker-Miller Orchard Apple Festival
(Food will be available for purchase-burgers, dogs, BBQ)
3:00ish arrive at Wright's Dairy Rite in Staunton- Wheelie's
- nothing else needs to be said!
Back in Hampton Roads around 7 PM depending on traffic

There are several escape routes if you want to skip the last
part of Saturdays run or either the orchard or Wright's, but
I wouldn't suggest missing either of those! The drive is why
we're here!

colejd
September 22nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
I have my reserved room at the Montvallee hotel. Looking forward to the fall colors and friends.

MINIFIED
October 4th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Ok so you're headed into the weekend with nuthin' to do and your MINI wants to go motoring .. it's not *that* far, join us .. it's awesome roads and people and I think we have a record number attending this year .. you never know what you're gonna get. Two years ago, a couple who met in the club had a surprise wedding at the Highland Inn and we were all guests! Last year we had a dusting of snow, some modified drive plans, and the first group sampling of Buffalo Trace distillery Creme Bourbon .. so popular that a bunch of club members drove back to KY last month to go on the Bourbon Run and procure some more ..

Anyway, if it doesn't work for this year, mark it on the calendar for next .. you won't regret it!

(Even if you are afraid of ghosts ... )