Not sure if this will be of any interest to anyone, but figured I would post up a short description of my plans for an adventure in July 2015. This is still tentative as I need 3 things to pan out between now and then - 1) finances hold together if not improve; 2) MINI keeps running ok; 3) potential conflict with soccer event does not occur. If you think you want to join me, you may want to pencil it in on your calendar. And let me know so I can share details with you as the date gets closer.

The whole concept is to visit all four ballparks for the North division of the Minor League Baseball Carolina League. In NC, teams in that league include the Winston-Salem Dash and the Carolina Mudcats. The Myrtle Beach Pelicans and the Salem Red Sox make up the rest of the South division. Back to the North division, I've figured out when the teams play on successive nights, so it will be a ballgame each day and assuming no rainouts, I will have visited all of the teams in the Carolina League. As part of my plans, except for the run up on Wednesday, there will be no motoring on Interstates.

The plan is to start on Wednesday, July 8th, and drive up to Wilmington, DE, to watch the Wilmington Blue Rocks play the Frederick Keys (minor league baseball) in a night game. I'll then drive up to Reading, PA for the night.

Thursday morning I'll get up (unfortunately early due to the schedule), ride by the ballpark for the Reading Fightin Phils to get a pic, then head down to the south side of DC to catch a 12:00 game between the Potomac Nationals vs. Lynchburg Hillcats. Since it is a day game, I'll then make the drive back up to Hagerstown to watch the Hagerstown Suns vs. Delmarva Shorebirds (these teams are in the South Atlantic League) play at 7:00.

Friday, I plan to loop around through the mountains to take in some twisty roads all day. I'll end up close to where I started to see the Frederick Keys vs. Salem Red Sox game at 7:00.

Finally, on Saturday I plan to head south via the Skyline Drive and then the Blue Ridge Parkway until jumping off to head over to Lynchburg to see the Lynchburg Hillcats vs. Wilmington Blue Rocks ballgame. I'm assuming that will be a night game, but Lynchburg has not yet set their game times. Afterward, my plan is to drive on home even though it will be kind of late (Lynchburg to my house is about a 2 hour drive).

Of course, if you just want to take in the twisty roads, you are welcome to join me, though I'm not sure what you'll do during the ballgames if you decide to skip them (I guess relax at a hotel and find some non-stadium food to eat).

If you think you want to join me, you might want to post here just so you'll receive updates. And like I said, pencil it in on your calendar.