Close

» Club Sponsor

Please purchase from our sponsors whenever you can.

Threaded View

Name
    Jeff
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S
    Photos
    Click here

05/25/2015 - Freedom Balloon Fest Flag Ceremony/Parade

THMMC members, especially those in the Triangle area, apologies for the short notice, but we are putting out a call for all MINIs to help out with a special project this Memorial Day.

This weekend WRAL is holding their Freedom Balloon Fest in the Raleigh and Zebulon area. As part of the event, attendees will have an opportunity to buy American flags to be placed in the event field over the course of the weekend. Organizers are hoping to sell 10,000 of these flags!!

On Monday morning, a ceremony will be held to take up all the flags from the field. They will then be transported to Oakwood Cemetary in downtown Raleigh to be placed on the graves of service members. This is where the MINIs and you come into the equation.

Flow MINI is providing a military camouflage MINI to lead the procession from the event field to Oakwood Cemetary. THMMC has been invited to participate as part of the official flag transportation procession. We need as many MINIs, preferably carrying an American flag, to come on out to be part of this procession.

The Flag Removal Ceremony in Zebulon will commence at 11:00 am on Monday morning and wheel's up time to start the procession to Oakwood Cemetary is expected to be 12:00 noon.

While I'm sure most of the Freedom Balloon Fest activities will be upbeat and encourage us to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy in this country, I anticipate the closing ceremony, flag removal ceremony, and transporting the flags to Oakwood Cemetary will be more somber and emotional as we recognize those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. This is a great honor for our club to be asked to participate in this manner and I hope we can get a strong turnout from our members.

If you would like to be part of the flag procession, please post below so I can work on letting the organizers know what kind of response they can expect from the THMMC.

Thanks!!!

Attending:
    jcauseyfd
    yaemsiri (x2)
    WINGS (possibly)
    Keith Renye (via FB, coming from Wilmington)
    Pugzu (x2)
    MINIMORE
    James Salanitro (via FB)
    TATAMINI
    Quirky World of Q
    rake8x10
    dan_little
    Mini44 (via FB)
    DML
    colejd

NOTE: Mini’s need to be at the “Field of Flags” on the Bennett Bunn Plantation Grounds at 10:30. Flag removal ceremony will begin at 11:00 and we will be loaded and wheels up at noon to go to Oakwood Cemetery.1915 Old Bunn Road, Zebulon, NC 27597
    Last edited by yaemsiri; May 23rd, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
    jcauseyfd | CROC #361 | www.totehmoon.com | 2008 CR/W MCS "MINI WUF"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jcauseyfd For This Useful Post:

WINGS (May 20th, 2015)

Thread Information