Close

Club Sponsor

Please purchase from our sponsors whenever you can.

Name
    Jeffrey
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Clubman S
    Photos
    Click here

2015 Search for Sasquatch and Big Walker Run - Saturday November 28th - Marion, VA

It's been some time since we went out in a Search for Sasquatch. This year's Search for Sasquatch Run will be held in the Marion/Tazewell/Wytheville, VA area, West of Roanoke. The date for this event is Saturday the 28th of November. This area is where VA-16 is located also known as The Back of the Dragon. There are some sweet twisty roads in this area. This run will be led by 2 co-leaders, Todd Godfrey (mrbeebe) and myself, Jeff (JD) Cole (i.e., colejd).

The run's Facebook link is here (https://www.facebook.com/events/1646...6582595619614/)

We will start from the Smyth Valley Shopping Center parking lot (outside Walmart, 1193 N. Main Street, Marion, VA). The driver's meeting will be at 10:00 with wheels up at 10:30. A late lunch will be held at one of the club's favorite restaurants, Macado's (142 E. Main St., Marion, VA; http://www.macados.net/), after lunch we will continue on to the BW Country Store and Observation Tower at Big Walker (http://www.scenicbeauty-va.com/). We will then head towards I-77 where, we'll call it a day.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/1193...27!2m1!1b1!3e0

Please post if you want to join this run. By the Saturday after Thanksgiving you've all eaten enough and shopped enough, now it's time to for some twisties!

Before you put your MINI to bed for the winter come give it one last stretch of the legs this year.
    Last edited by colejd; November 19th, 2015 at 07:52 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

08 Clubman S, Astro Black, Silver Roof, Black/Rooster, Auto, Xenons, Brembo Style JCW Big Brake Kit, Carbotech pads, Helix FMIC, Remus Street Race Exhaust, Sneed's Oil Cooler, Koni Yellow Struts, NM RS Alpha Springs, HSport Rear Lower Control Arms, 17x7" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, H-Sport Sport Anti-Roll Bar, DDM Street CAI.

1st Gear
    Name
    Don
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper S JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    Man I really wish that we could do this one as it's right in my back yard!!! Unfortunately that Saturday is when my family gets together for Thanksgiving each year so we don't spread everyone so thin trying to get too many places in one day. Ya'll have fun!!!

Name
    Todd
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper
    Photos
    Click here
    We will be there.....yeeeeee haaaaaa!
    Let there be Light!

1st Gear
    Name
    Dan
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    I wish we could make this one to wring out MITEY2! We traded Jenny Cool Wheels when we bought this one and it was tough parting with her. Alas, we will have to wait for a spring event. This car is absolutely amazing. We are looking forward to some spirited runs next year. We really do appreciate all your efforts and we are considering planning a route through Eastern Kentucky, Tennessee, and North Carolina. Since coal production has really declined we have done a few runs through the mountains in Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee and there are some good ones.

Dan & Paula

Name
    Ross
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    What? You guys got a new MINI? 😨 Miss y'all, have a good one! See you when the tundra thaws.

Name
    Jeffrey
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Clubman S
    Photos
    Click here
    Less than one week till our Search for Sasquatch Run in the Marion/Tazewell/Wytheville, VA area, West of Roanoke. We have 9 MINIs attending so far and there's plenty of room for those MINIs (and their drivers) that need a twisty infusion before winter makes some of our favorite roads impassable. Please join us if your post Thanksgiving schedule allows!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

08 Clubman S, Astro Black, Silver Roof, Black/Rooster, Auto, Xenons, Brembo Style JCW Big Brake Kit, Carbotech pads, Helix FMIC, Remus Street Race Exhaust, Sneed's Oil Cooler, Koni Yellow Struts, NM RS Alpha Springs, HSport Rear Lower Control Arms, 17x7" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, H-Sport Sport Anti-Roll Bar, DDM Street CAI.

1st Gear
    Name
    Dan
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    Yep, a rebel green, checkerboard top, F56, JCW. So far it it a real love affair and is it ever fast! Love the 2.0 BMW power plant. I added some pictures of MITEY2 in our album. This is the first time I have tried doing this, but I think I got it right.
    Last edited by KYpair; November 22nd, 2015 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added pictures of our new mini

Name
    Ross
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    WooHoo! Sweet!
    CONG
    RATS

1st Gear
    Name
    Dan
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    Thanks Ross, we are really looking forward to some spirited runs with the Tarheels. We took the Miles Ahead performance driving course at the Indianapolis Speedway twice, the first time as a couple and the second time as individuals driving the F56 S and that convinced us to make the switch to the F56 mini. If you want to have some fun the course is a hoot, you are driving at speed on the Indianapolis Speedway in a new mini S. All of the instructors are Indy car drivers and they are in an S ahead of you and give you pointers by radio. Our instructor was Pippa Mann and she was great. It is a 1/2 day course and reasonably priced. They also take some great photos of you on the track that you can purchase. They also offered a course in the F56 JCW at Racine, Wisconsin that we may take if it is offered again. They give you some nice treats as well, T-shirts, mini helmets with your name on them, etc. Be advised that you will want one after you drive them! The car is rebel green although it looks black in the pictures. The top and trim are chili red checkerboard. The color options for the profile pictures did not include rebel green.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KYpair For This Useful Post:

WINGS (November 29th, 2015)

Administrator
    Name
    Gene & Tori
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Countryman JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    Tuffy is planning to be there! We've rearranged our weekend so that we can attend. We are looking forward to the pre-winter run!

Name
    Matthew
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    I'm trying to rearrange my holiday stuff so I can attend as well. The wife of one of my coworkers is a potter and is having an open house sale at her studio Saturday. They live right off 77 near Hamptonville. Provided I'm able to attend, I plan to stop by there on the way home. If anyone would like to join, he said they have plenty of room for parking.

https://m.facebook.com/Two-Creeks-Po...2402448790301/

Name
    Scott
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Countryman S All4
    Photos
    Click here
    Miles and I are in!!
    Don't forget your radio's!!!

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=frs%20radio

Name
    Jeffrey
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Clubman S
    Photos
    Click here
    Join us tomorrow, Saturday at the 2015 Search for Sasquatch and Big Walker Run in Marion, VA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    Scott
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Countryman S All4
    Photos
    Click here
    Thanks to Jeff and Todd!! Had a great time today!!

1st Gear
    Name
    Dan
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here
    Wish we could have been there, but we do plan to make the MOTD. )-:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KYpair For This Useful Post: