Close

Club Sponsor

Please purchase from our sponsors whenever you can.

Threaded View

Name
    Uriah
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Cooper JCW
    Photos
    Click here

Clingmans Dome - Sunday October 23rd, 2011

UPDATED! 10/14/2011

This run is on SUNDAY October 23rd.

This is a drive to Clingmans Dome.... from Fontana through the Foothills Parkway over to Townsend for some breakfast/snack/fuel on the way. Some will use this Drive as their last drive and will be going home from Clingmans Dome. Other MINI's can depart when they want and or group up and go back to Fontana.

We will plan on meeting at the General Store at Fontana Village. (i'm thinking of the location where they have a small store and ice cream shop next door) If this sounds incorrect let me know.

This will be a medium paced to spirited run but as usual please drive in your own comfort zone. I am use to leading bike runs and been attending many MINI drives.... #1 rule is drive within your own means and don't cross the yellow lines.... but have fun!
    I/we will not be leaving anyone behind. I always use the rule to make sure everyone has caught up before we make any major turns etc... so if you have to slow up or get into traffic.. we will be waiting for you...don't sweat it.

When: Meet @ 8:15am; Wheels up @ 8:30am

Where: Meet across from the General Store in Fontana Village

Stop for food/gas at
    BP/IGA
    7945 East Lamar Alexander Parkway
    Townsend, TN 37882-4033

Radio's: 20/20

Approximate Times:
    1.25 hours to BP/IGA
    30 minutes to eat and fuel up
    1.25 hours to Clingmans Dome
    Total Time to Clingmans Dome = 3 hours ... by Google Maps. MINI's will probably be faster...

After we get to Clingmans Dome... you are on your own; but for anyone that wants to we can group together and head back to Fontana

Map / Directions

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Fo...via=2&t=m&z=11

Thx!
    Jackson

Attendees:

Jackson
    colejd - Jeffery
    Conrita1
    Conrita2
    Minified - Susan
    Flynscot0256
    Last edited by colejd; October 19th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
    2011 JCW | Midnight Black | 17" 14.2lb O.Z. Alleggerita HLT Wheels | Continental DWS Tires | Xenon | MINIFINI Intake Scoop (RED) | DoS CAI | DoS NoiseMaker Delete | (Red) NM Billet Aluminum Tie-Bar | (Red) NM Titanium Turbo Heat Shield | CravenSpeed Rear Wiper Delete | 20%-35%-5% Ceramic Tint | TSW Springs | (Red) 19mm H-Sport Competition Rear Sway Bar | CravenSpeed Short Shifter | AccesPort Stage 1 | Forge BOV | H-Sport Rear Camber Links | Resonator Delete

Thread Information