All:

Occasionally I post an update regarding opportunities for us to support our fellow MINI families – and the THMMC MINI community has come through with flying colors with their amazing, generous hearts.

As we enter the season of giving I wanted to mention a couple of needs that have a MINI connection that have come to my attention recently for your consideration ..

First, our dear friend and former club treasurer, Jak Yaemsiri and his wife Dusdee – as you likely know – are from Thailand, which has experienced devastation with the historical floods recently. Jak’s family home has been flooded to the second level, his sister’s home has also been damaged, and Dusdee’s Mom’s home affected also. While much of the personal damage is unrecoverable, there is still a great need for the country. Jak and Dusdee last weekend were collecting donations for the flood relief and you may still write a check to Wat Raleigh (put in Memo field: for Thailand Flood Relief) for donation to the cause they are supporting; you may mail it to Jak (PM if you need the address) or if you will be attending TTT tomorrow night, he and Dusdee will be there. Wat Raleigh will forward contributions to either the Thai Red Cross or the Thai Embassy in DC.

A second need – a little closer to home and for medical research support. Our club member, Ed Duerr (TheOldKid) was diagnosed with a very rare type of lymphoma in February 2009 and has been fighting this disease with near fatal consequences from the treatment ever since. His daughter, Keven, is participating in the 2011 Kiawah Half Marathon on December 10th (her 3rd year of sponsorship) to raise funds; if you would like to make a donation, any amount is appreciated, you may do so either online at:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/k...1/kevenarrance

or you may write a check payable to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and mail to 314 Stromer Drive, Cary, NC 27513.

I know the MINI community will remember those in need and consider these worthy causes in your gift giving this season.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for taking the time to read this post and give it your thoughtful consideration.