Close

Club Sponsor

Please purchase from our sponsors whenever you can.

Threaded View

Name
    Jeffrey
    Member #

My MINI Information:
    Year
    Model
    Clubman S
    Photos
    Click here

Saturday after Black Friday/Big Walker Run (now being held on Saturday the 26th, duh)

Hey THMMC members,

What do diehard Miniacs do on the Saturday after Thanksgiving? Shop? No! Drive twisty roads? Oh yea! My friend Todd (mrbeebe) and I are envisioning a run from the Raleigh/Durham area through Winston-Salem up to Marion, VA to run the Back of the Dragon (VA 16 Between Marion and Tazewell) and some great adjoining roads ending up at Big Walker around 4:00 PM. For all of you who haven't driven Route 16 north of I-81. We thought we would open this outing up to out THMMC folks needed to burn away some after turkey blah!

We originally planned this for Black Friday but that made it tough for many people to attend. Hope this date is better.

When: Saturday, November 26th

Start: leave Southpoint (6813 Fayetteville Rd.) Starbuck's at 7:00 AM, sharp.

Short stop (8:30ish to 9) at the Lowe's (5901 Patterson Ave.) north of Winston-Salem and leaving there at 9:00, sharp. If you are not there you might catch up with us but it's doubtful.

Lunch in Marion, VA (nothing fancy, roadside BBQ or equivalent)

After a stop at Big Walker and their 100 ft observation tower all participants are on their own to get home.

Note: this is not an official club run and there will not be an attempt to coordinate lunch or stops. We will have radios set to channel 20/20 to discuss when necessary stops might be needed.

Let me know if you are coming so that we know who might be attending.
    Last edited by colejd; November 19th, 2011 at 06:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

08 Clubman S, Astro Black, Silver Roof, Black/Rooster, Auto, Xenons, Brembo Style JCW Big Brake Kit, Carbotech pads, Helix FMIC, Remus Street Race Exhaust, Sneed's Oil Cooler, Koni Yellow Struts, NM RS Alpha Springs, HSport Rear Lower Control Arms, 17x7" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, H-Sport Sport Anti-Roll Bar, DDM Street CAI.

Thread Information